Ecoboost Owner Forums

Official "Discussion Thread" On The Top 10 List.....

I figured I should at least post proof of my 12.12... I backed it with 12.14, 12.15 and 12.16... Kind of consistent! My laptop is now broken, so I'll have to have it fixed so that I can edit a youtube video... My best ET of 12.12 was done while racing a 2012 Mustang GT 5.0 std... He ran 13.33 at 108mph with a poor 60' of 2.30 sec. All caught on video... Hopefully by next week it will be edited and uploaded.

Thanks!

photo2.jpg

Official "Discussion Thread" On The Top 10 List.....

As the title reads, this new thread was created pursuant the closure of the "Official Ecoboost Top 10 List" thread.....

Feel free to discuss anything related to the Official EB Top 10 List here within this thread.

These suggested topics can range from:

Offering congratulations

Discussing of mods performed to achieve faster times

Goals and/or desires to become faster

Asking any of the members who are currently on the Top 10 List, what they did to get there

Exchanging of tips, hints, or other tricks to help make your EB that much better than it already is

Mind you this thread was created primarily for discussion centered around the Official Top 10 List.

The suggestions above, are just that, suggestions.

Enjoy and thanks to each of you for being a proud EcoBoost owner, and also a registered member here on EBOF :thumb:

Mike :yo:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Paulford....

I thought it was fitting to highlight the accomplishments of the top 3, well because quite simply, they're the top 3.

I hope this thread replaces the discussion aspect(s) that were previously located in the Top 10 thread itself.

A. It was too difficult trying to go through a ga zillion posts (in order to keep the list updated)

B. Didn't seem like it was the most appropriate area for discussing the various tangents that it developed into.

C. Hopefully it'll be easier for all involved (both viewers & us staff members) by keeping the point of the Top 10 just that.....

The Top 10 and nothing else.

Hope it makes sense.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

So, went to the track again today and DA was reading a fantastic -1200!!!

But, for a reason that I ignore, I couldn't beat my best... I really thought I could get 11.99, but I ran 12.11, 12.12, 12.13 until 12.20 from 115mph to 117.94 mph (new fastest trap speed). I really tried hard lately, but I guess it will be for next year... Still, I am very happy to have lowered my times that much this year and want to thank a few people that made it possible, that motivated me, educated me etc. These guys mnow who they are, but among them: Livernois for their tuning and service that is outstanding, Darrell for keeping the pole position warm for so long, Mike firstSHO for his initiave to go to the next step and beating my time by 0.001!!! BpdMike for his dedication to the members of this forum, Chris Curtis for his friendship and help, Scrming for his gopro inspiration, and on and on and on... Love you guys!

Geesh' date=' Mike, now that there is a Top 10 List (very nice btw)....I had promised myself not to track this car, but maybe I'll talk my buddy (who is a better driver and lighter then me) into driving it for a few runs! Here I go moving into the dark side AGAIN!!!:frusty:[/quote']

I would say bring it soon to the track because my guess is that to enter in the top ten next year, methanol will be a must and eventually downpipes and turbos upgrade etc. (or nitrous!)...

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Geesh' date=' Mike, now that there is a Top 10 List (very nice btw)....I had promised myself not to track this car, but maybe I'll talk my buddy (who is a better driver and lighter then me) into driving it for a few runs! Here I go moving into the dark side AGAIN!!!:frusty:[/quote']

STEVE(THE DARK JEDI of SPEED) will do that to you.LOL

• 4 months later...

Suggestion:

Since the Ecoboost family is groing, it is produced since 2010 models and the potential mod list ahs expanded, it could be pertinent to add the year of the model and the mods beside each one's times (if provided by the owner of course) so that other members can appreciate the results according to the mods that have been done to a car.

I am a freak of drag racing, I love it. And I love stats too. So, it is a suggestion that I always meant to propose, but today that I went to the track with my new 2013, I saw that I made it to the top 10, but with a different car. If we don't add with which car a time has been made and with which mods, then it would start to be irrelevant imo.

Now that we will start to see potentially people in the 11's (thinking about FirstSho Mike, Darrell, bpdMike and maybe me), it would be nice to compare the year model, PP or non PP, downpipes or not etc.

With that, it could be useful for some members to analyze and plan their mod list and set up their objectives accordingly.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for considering... I already know most of the mods that people in the list had, so that could be a start up point and they could validate or ask admin or a moderator for a modification... Let me know how I can help...

The lists themselves, became to damn cluttered with the addition of all the various mods each owner performed.

Thus the reason for the separation between the "list" itself and the addition of the separate "discussion" thread.

Inevitably, even as you point out, each owners mods (and lists there of) will only continue to grow as the years pass by, and more and more new things come out, or are tried out.

I know it's not usual, or standard, to do it this way, but personally, I'd like to think that EBOF is different from the norm, as far as forums go....

As it sits now, it's just much, MUCH easier to read the lists, and who's achieved what times.

Simple. Instant. Recognizable sans all the clutter.

Hope it makes sense.

Good suggestion on the model year. I will have to go back & PM those individuals currently on the list & request that info.

My question now though Steve, is since you no longer own your 2010, doesn't that mean we lop you off the list entirely?

At least for that car? Obviously you're gonna tell me "no"..... hahahaha.

But I wonder what other's opinions are on that?

I mean if a member gets rid of their track blistering, top 10 list achieving Ecoboost (for w/e reasons, sold, traded in, destroyed, etc) then I would guess that that qualifying car should no longer be there.....

IDK :noidea:

It depends what list you want to have...

For example, who was the best baseball player of all time? Babe Ruth? If he is dead, his records should still be remembered right?

If an athlete ride a lap in bicycle in one minute and the same athlete ride the same lap in a car in 20 seconds, it is a different vehicle, therefore a different record...

However, I wouldn't put a top 10 list with more than one time per vehicle. If I ran 12.09 with my 2010, that is the best time I could do with that car. My other runs of 12.10, 12.11, 12.12 etc. are only good / pertinent for my own top 10 of my personal best.

But my 2013 should be part of that top 10 as it is a different vehicle than the 2010 and whoever would be the owner, the car itself did that time.

In 5 years, most of the owners of that list won't be still owning that car, so in 2018, it will be fun and a challenge for new owners and members to see how long a record would hold and a motivation to try modding their car to continue to improve those records.

Lastly, beefcake was the first to reach the 12's with a SHO and he should not be forgotten even if he sold his car.

Sorry if I repeat myself, I am tired... Lol

But did I mention we should include both my times since they were achieved with different cars? Hahaha!