Ecoboost Owner Forums

Power window switches from a Lincoln?

Sorry for not following up last night. I ended up trying (and failing) to get a broken bolt drilled out on my Escalade last night so no computer time for me.

I looked at the wiring diagrams for the 2011 SHO versus the 2011 MKS for the power windows.

The logic for the window auto feature is controlled within the power window motor assembly. There would be no changes required to the Smart Junction Box (SJB - not a Driver's Door Module like I suspected) unless you wanted to include the rear windows in the Global Open feature, which apparently the MKS does.

You would need to change both rear window motor assemblies and both rear door window switches. I didn't go so far as to see if the connectors for the Taurus rear window switch is the same as the MKS connector. Additionally, you'd need to run another power and ground to each of the rear window motor assemblies.

The auto feature for the windows works by sending power to the Up or Down wire to the motor assembly on the first detent of the switch. The second detent then also sends power to the opposite direction wire. The window motor assembly then uses internal logic and the dedicated power and ground to roll the window all the way up or all the way down. In the Taurus, the rear window switch has a relay internal to it to reverse the polarity to the 2 wire motor assembly. That would be bad news if you had the MKS motor assemblies which is why you would need to swap out those switches as well.

If anyone is interested in the PDFs of these two systems, send me a Private Message and include the specific request AND an e-mail address. The above is my interpretation of the wiring diagram and not guaranteed to be 100% accurate (although my confidence is high).

-Rod

When I printed the section to PDFs just now I noticed an extra sheet for the Taurus diagrams. The passenger side window wiring seems to be different for the SHO and Limited versus the SL and SEL. Apparently the SL and SEL get passenger auto down, but not Global Open for the passenger side. There's only one diagram for the driver's door which shows the Global Open and Auto feature for both front windows, but the switch and motor assembly for the passenger door on the SL and SEL look just like the switch and motor for the rear doors. I don't quite see how that would possibly work, but if that's accurate, then you might be able to get by with just replacing the driver's door switch.

If I get some free time tonight I'll need to print these out and review them again, or if anyone else wants to study them, let me know with a Private Message as mentioned in the prior post.

-Rod

You guys are lucky! Me, not so much. My wife broke the driver's side mirror on her MKT today (for the 4th time!) so I had a need to pull the door panel off. Yeah, this has become such a trend that I keep a spare mirror on hand. :( Anyway, part of pulling the door panel off means removing the power window switch.

Guess what! The MKT also has auto windows for all four doors (like the MKS). So I decided to see if it would fit my SHO. I pulled the window switch assembly from my SHO and the MKT switch assembly plugged right in, no problem! However, when trying the windows, the front two work perfectly fine, as expected. The rear door windows will only roll down or up when the switch is pressed to the first detent. Pressing the switch fully causes the rear windows to clunk (like a stalled electric motor) and just wiggle.

So, to answer the curiosity above, getting an MKS window switch assembly by itself will not enable auto windows for all four doors of the SHO. There's more to it.

-Rod

I suspect at a minimum the rear window motor assemblies would need to be switched out and dedicated power run to the motors. The rear switches would need to be switched out to allow the rear doors to activate the auto feature. The logic for the auto down is done in the motor assembly.

-Rod