Ecoboost Owner Forums

What events do you put your Taurus or other cars into?

As for myself I have a 2013 Focus ST. Haven't done any racing in it yet. Went to the ST Octane Academy so I have had both the fiesta ST and Focus ST on a road course and auto x course. Taken mine to two car shows so far. Focus Fest earlier this year in Illinois and brought back a plaque and a local show here in my area and brought home 1st place in modified ford 2006+ non mustang class. Definitely get some odd looks when your at a car show and your showing off a focus haha. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for myself I have a 2013 Focus ST. Haven't done any racing in it yet. Went to the ST Octane Academy so I have had both the fiesta ST and Focus ST on a road course and auto x course. Taken mine to two car shows so far. Focus Fest earlier this year in Illinois and brought back a plaque and a local show here in my area and brought home 1st place in modified ford 2006+ non mustang class. Definitely get some odd looks when your at a car show and your showing off a focus haha. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thats awesome, glad you're representing the focus name really well. Glad you got a plaque too!

i have semi-retired mine to the car show circuit. we have a strong ford club presence in st louis. 5 of the dealers sponsor shows plus the gatewaymotor sports sponsors a ford fest weekend & then started last year since had good success at those shows prior year, going to open shows. usually go to shows where chargers & the like are in my class & have done well. also gone to shows where they do a class like 2005 & up. have learned not going to do well there, a 4 dr car just doesn't do well up against 2 dr cars, so i watch the class before i enter a show. have yet to drag her, although since won my class at gateway got to take her around the 1 mile oval track. quite an experience. they got smart this year. had a pace car in front, so after being able to go on my own didn't do that as they were going to go around at 60mph

i have semi-retired mine to the car show circuit. we have a strong ford club presence in st louis. 5 of the dealers sponsor shows plus the gatewaymotor sports sponsors a ford fest weekend & then started last year since had good success at those shows prior year' date=' going to open shows. usually go to shows where chargers & the like are in my class & have done well. also gone to shows where they do a class like 2005 & up. have learned not going to do well there, a 4 dr car just doesn't do well up against 2 dr cars, so i watch the class before i enter a show. have yet to drag her, although since won my class at gateway got to take her around the 1 mile oval track. quite an experience. they got smart this year. had a pace car in front, so after being able to go on my own didn't do that as they were going to go around at 60mph[/quote'] I also had a chance to get on the track during that event but decided not to as it was starting to sprinkle and I wouldn't have been able to really gain any speed lol. A few of the guys in our group also won so they went around. Unfortunately Focus Fest will not be their this year during Fun Ford Weekend as it has the last 2 years. This year they moved it to Memphis. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommy that is bad news not having the focus's there this year. made the car count big having you guys there. lots of you even with temps almost 100. not having your group hope ford fest doesn't go the way of mopar fest which gateway eleminated last year. the year before they just let the class winners go out on the track to have pics taken like mine above & make some extra $$ for the track. so was 2 photo guys & a bunch of guys with pretty hot cars that had watched the action at the strip & were hopped up. 1st guy to have pic taken was a shelby & once he had pic taken smoked the tires & off he went for close to 3/4 of the track to the exit. the rest of us followed suit. 1 car at a time so no racing but still a chance to go fast which we all took advantage of. you should have seen the look on the photo guys faces. they knew this should be happening but what could they do. so am sure that's why this season they did it differently. one thing for sure looking at all your focus's. you guys know how to make them stand out. lots of terrific mods.