Ecoboost Owner Forums

Jet performance module K&N cai

Does anyone have any info on this combo on a 2013 Taurus SHO? I just purchased a 2013 SHO a week ago with 34000 miles and every option including the performance pack. I purchased the Jet performance module and the K&N cai from autoanythink.com for $398 what kind of performance gains can I expect? Will I be able to feel any difference in the way the car runs? I also got the extended warranty through Zurich will this void the warranty?

Welcome & congrats on your SHO. I don't see a listing for the SHO under Jet Performance Module, just the non-turbo 3.5L. I don't think they have figured out the latest SHO yet. The fact that they list the Gen3 SHO with a manual transmission makes their product even more suspect (though that listing may be AutoAnything's fault). I think it is too risky to put it on your car, and would advise returning for a refund. The K&N CAI claims HP gains on the dyno, but no one has really seen such gains on the dyno. More for looks & sound.

Thank you so much for your help. I think I'm going to return th module. I was also concerned about the description non turbo naturally aspirated, I guess I got excited. Any other ideas about tuning the car with a chip or program? Will I really get any performance, and would it be worth the investment? I also worried about the warranty being voided. I got the extended warranty through Zurich at the dealers suggestion. I'm an old gearhead from the 60's early 70's when we rejetted carbs and set the timing with a timing light. I really want to do this car right since it is so cool! I really love this car. So much different than my 1997 SVT Cobra convertible. I love that car too it's stock except for a K&N cai and 4/10 gears. So what do I do about tuning the SHO. Thank you for your help.

There are already established tuners/tunes for this gen of SHO. The two most mentioned in this community are Livernois & Unleashed Tuning. The cost is going to be more than the Jet module, BUT you will get the most/easiest hp out of this upgrade. They each have their own tuning device that you use to upgrade the stock tune in the SHO, both work fantastically well.

I suggest you join the EBPF community at http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com to see the current state of the art and join in the conversation over there. This forum is basically frozen in time.

There are already established tuners/tunes for this gen of SHO. The two most mentioned in this community are Livernois & Unleashed Tuning. The cost is going to be more than the Jet module, BUT you will get the most/easiest hp out of this upgrade. They each have their own tuning device that you use to upgrade the stock tune in the SHO, both work fantastically well.

I suggest you join the EBPF community at http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com to see the current state of the art and join in the conversation over there. This forum is basically frozen in time.

Thank you so much for your help! I don't know anyone with a SHO all my friends have Mustang GT, or Shelby GT500's or Camaros. I'm breaking new ground with the SHO. All my friends think the SHO is an old mans car because it has four doors. I still love it and hope to take it on a track one day. Autobahn in Joliet, IL. or Gingerman in MI. Thanks again for you help.

The SHO (and now the MKS) has always been a sleeper. I like to think of the pair as a Swiss army knife, a multitalented machine, a wolf in sheep's clothing!