Ecoboost Owner Forums

Whats everyone getting for MPG?

I have a 2012 Screw EB FX4 Max Tow with 305/55/20 Falken Rocky Mountian A/Ts with AIRAID Intake, and 4" Heartthrob exhaust and im only getting around 13.5 in town, i have several friends that are getting 17-18 with similar package. Has anyone heard of a reflash of the pcm? I also try to stay out of the turbos as much as possible.

I have similar truck same tires as you with just livernois tune and I'm getting 15-16 around town and 20-21 on the highway. When I got the tune mileage went up about 1-2mpg. Plus a ton more power!

I hear that livernois is the one to go with, and other companies havent quite perfected the EB tune yet. Just need to convince myself that 600 bucks is ok to spend on it!

I hear that livernois is the one to go with' date=' and other companies havent quite perfected the EB tune yet. Just need to convince myself that 600 bucks is ok to spend on it![/quote']

ONce you do get the tune you will kick yourself for waiting...believe me, I did and it will make the truck much more enjoyable to drive!

• 2 weeks later...

Good day all. I have a 2012 Supercab EB 2 wheel drive with 3.55. I have 12000 miles (20000kms) on it right now. On the highway I get 22 mpg and 16 mpg in town. With the Nokian studded snow tires and the colder weather, it is down by 1 to 2 mpg. It will be probably be more that that this winter. This summer, I have towed a 19 foot trailer (R-POD 177) weighing 3200 lbs for a 5500 miles trip from Montreal to South Dacota and back and averaged 12.5 mpg. Towing speed ranged between 100 Kms/hr to 120 Kms/hr. The truck has so much torque, I hardly feel the trailer behind.

You guys are getting great fuel economy. When I had my 09 F150 with a 5.4 if I babied it on a highway I would get around 20 MPG. That was/is good for a full size truck but it didnt have the HP or Torque you guys have.

I see Dodge is claiming best full size fuel economy now... Yeah they get +1 MPG on the ecoboost with their 215hp 235tq 3.7 V6.

2010 non pp SHO here with stage 5 and meth injection. I can get up to 32 mpg if I set the cruise at 40 mph on a secondary road. At 70 mph, it is more around 27 mpg. If I would drive reasonably (which I am not), I'd get about 20 mpg for 60hwy/40town, but in fact I get 18mpg. Actually, I drive the car always looking at that stat in between filling up with gas... If ever I am at 20-22 mpg, that means that I can emjoy a few WOT until I bring it back to to aimed 18... Vice-versa. lol

One thing though, I use about 1 gallon of meth per week... The cost of meth is about times the cost of fuel... So my WOTs cost me less fuel, but more $!

All worth it!

I have a 2011 EB Screw cab 5.5' bed w/3.55 gears stock tires and livernois tune' date=' injen intake, Hearthrob 4" exhaust, and I have 32,*** miles on the truck and my life time average is 18.4. I have had tanks where I have gotten 23 mpg's and other tanks where I only achieved 16.5mpg's.[/quote']

Have you been towing with the Livernois tune? I have a 2012 EB Supercab 6.5 bed w/3.55 gear 2 wheel drive and I am considering Livernois.

• 1 month later...

NEWBIE here - trying to figure out the 'code' language for y'all with 'THE TUNE" and such.

I have a 2012 Screw F150 EB 4x4 with 5k miles and am completely disappointed in the MPG and other avenues that i'll reserve for later. NOt that a tonneau cover will give added MPG, but one would think it would do something at least. Trying anything to figure out how to get Sticker mileage at least.

Have tried every grade and Ethanol, no ethanol fuels. No changes.

I drive it like a Gma and I can't get out of 16.4 or 17.4 range in any type of driving. I can road trip with 60-65mph limits, go just over those and take a HWind and get 16.4. Turn right around, fill up and return in same conditions now with a TWind and get nearly the same, like 17.1. I can drive 75 or 65 and get the same......nothing makes sense.

Apparently I have the one ____ truck that offsets the higher mileage F150s. The truck also stumbles during idle for a few minutes, not noticable under power though and smells rich at initial start up.

Also, while driving a loaner 2013 the engine blow by or ?? is much quieter than my 2012. Sounds like my 2012 has a lot of turbo blow by or ??? coming through the cabin than the 2013. Not sure thats another key to the puzzle that I am trying to find for the MPG game...

If any of you F150 Gurus have any links , ideas, Recs or Dealerships with MX depts that pay attention to detail, RESPECT the vehicles they work on, and know what they are doing, I am all ears. KS or OK will drive where needed to figure things out.

Sorry to vent, just took a gamble at buying my first Ford and feel burned, on top of other issues that will hopefully be resolved tomorrow.

Thanks in advance

Not sure what mileage you were expecting to see on your truck, but for a 6000 lb.+ vehicle, I don't think you are doing bad. The best I was ever able to achieve with my 07 5.4 V-8 was in the 15mpg range. Not sure what to recommend since I've always experienced slightly improved mileage when using 93 octane fuel. Also, are you using the computer generated mileage or are you tracking actually mileage? You will find that the 2 are different. Hope you can get the stumbling issue resolved. Could it be that the computer needs to be re-flashed or updated? Also, I do know that there is a TSB about the charge air filter causing a problem due to moisture...could that be part of the problem? Hope you can get everything resolved...keep us updated.