Ecoboost Owner Forums

Caliper Covers for 2013 SHO with PP

I found the guys from MGP to be very nice...several months ago they were looking for someone with a 13 SHO to use to make the covers for the 13....and get a free set' date=' but I don't think anyone from here took them up on the offer.[/quote']

Bah! I would have! I love being a guinea pig. I've been debating on getting covers or just being artsy-fartsy and painting them myself.

Steph, I would have let them use my car, since the covers had a fitment issue with the '10's that had the brake TSB performed, but they are located in California. Also if you visit MGP's website, they will do the covers in custom paint. I really like the look on my car, and they seem to have kept some of the dirt from the brakes off of the wheels. Pretty easy to install, I thought the hardest part was getting the darn heavy wheel and tire back in place on the car. As I stated before, I found MGP to be helpful and had good customer service.

Sounds good. Ill have to check them out again. I had only seen the basic colors but I know personally I want a nice deep Purple shade. I'd probably have to have someone install them because there's no way I can do all that myself. Under or above the hood, interior and exterior, fine. Removing wheels, need assistance. Lol. I'm tiny :( not like Oompa Loompa tiny but 5'4 tiny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

I could show a pic of mine that i received but are in the box heading back to MGP at my expense even though the color printing that I ordered & actually was on the packing slip was not what I got. They will not start on my new ones till they receive the wrongs ones back. Mistakes are made, if they turn them fast, I'll be OK & only out the extra UPS charge. If I have trouble with them I'll be over them like stink on you know what. I'm in sales, mistakes happen, how they are corrected shows what a company is about, so far me the jury is out. But that said quality on them was very good & received them in about 10 days from order. This was with no special color just wanted red with black letters, got gray like Marks.

Wow, I'm really surprised they made the mistake and made you pay return shipping. After you get the correct ones, I certainly would contact them and complain about having to pay shipping for their mistake. I believe I have the business card from the guy I dealt with when I had the rubbing issue. I will get his name and number and post it for you ASAP.

I don't understand the appeal for caliper covers. It's a tacky coverup to make it appear from a glance that you have expensive aftermarket calipers. Take the time to paint them if you are that unhappy, do it right!

I like to think of it as if someone made wheel covers that looked like an expensive wheel. You wouldn't replace a factory wheel cover with something that was stamped out, panted, and decaled to look like a $1000 3 piece wheel would you? That's just tacky and people would think you're a joke.

Thanks, for the nice comment....they don't look tacky and I like the cleaner look they give the caliper, plus they do reduce the amount of brake dust that gets on the wheel. They offer a nice alternative to painting and fairly high quality. I'm not trying to fool anyone, just like the look. If you don't like them, that's fine, but I don't think you have to dis other people's cars or mods.

I don't understand the appeal for caliper covers. It's a tacky coverup to make it appear from a glance that you have expensive aftermarket calipers. Take the time to paint them if you are that unhappy, do it right!

I like to think of it as if someone made wheel covers that looked like an expensive wheel. You wouldn't replace a factory wheel cover with something that was stamped out, panted, and decaled to look like a $1000 3 piece wheel would you? That's just tacky and people would think you're a joke.

This will not end well....... We have a HATER among us......... Wait I think I saw this on a you tube video before..........

I agree with A6.

I also wonder how they would affect heat build up.

Supposedly because they are aluminum they supposedly transfer the heat away from the caliper faster then without them...don't know if that's correct or not, but I have not experienced any problem.

This will not end well.......

Not a problem, it's just that several of us came from a place where there were a lot of negative comments about the current SHO's and we've tried hard to avoid that type of stuff here. It's fine that someone has a different opinion or doesn't like something.

Supposedly because they are aluminum they supposedly transfer the heat away from the caliper faster then without them...don't know if that's correct or not' date=' but I have not experienced any problem.[/quote']

Funny story, when looking at the ads in Autoweek, I never gave them a second thought because they looked like plastic in the pics. Good to know they're aluminum. Can you get them colored without the SHO and fake bolt graphics?

• 2 weeks later...

Mark:

You know i agree with you on these. My correct MGP ones finally arrived yesterday, so now to get my guy to do the ebc phase 4 rotors & pads & these. My boss just got a Honda RDX much to my chagrin. Tried to get into one of the new Escapes w/ ecoboost but it has front calipher covers on it. As Mark said the are stamp aluminum & look to be very sturdy & well designed. Will post pics of wheels when all is done. But here a pic of the covers.[ATTACH=CONFIG]2370[/ATTACH]

post-917-142532292326_thumb.jpg

post-917-142532292326_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got my MGP caliper covers. I'm happy with the way they look.

There were no issues installing the covers on 3 wheels. However, one wheel, on the front, the cover clip was rubbing on the rotor. I had to loosen the caliper mount, 18mm socket, and move the entire assembly away from the rotor ever so slightly. That was a bear, but, got it.

BTW, I found these on eBay on a 'make an offer'. My offer was accepted, $60 off retail. So, try that route if your interested. The covers were shipped directly from MGP, so, I know they're legit.