Ecoboost Owner Forums

My touch/ Sync and Droid phones

Anyone get the texting to work through the system?

Actually what have you gotten to work through it? :P

I'm all sync'd up (no problems with transfering phone lists) but can't get the system to reconize when I get a text. I know it has something to do with phone sending texts through Bluetooth. I have a galaxy S2 LTE. Figured it should do pretty much anything.

I'm going to try music through it next and see how that works.

I have a Droid3, and the older version of Sync.

My phone has always worked with the car w/o issue.

Including the text messaging feature.

I had one coworker reply to me when I sent a message from my SHO......

"Dude, that's so gay".

I was like "What is? Huh?"

He fires off another text reply exclaiming "Your text message ended with (this message sent from my Ford} and I don't care where the message came from, that's gay".

I laughed heartily and I said I never realized that it stamped any of my text messages with such verbage.

So then I blew up his phone repeatedly for the next hour or so, with nothing but text messages, each of which were sent from my SHO.

Next time we worked together he said "dude, you're an ass".

I chuckled once again.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Oh man, I'm at work for another 25 minutes but when I get home I'll give some insight, at least what I can. I work for a major cellular carrier and am pretty phone savvy. I can definitely explain some of the issues and weirdness with the texting issue and am working on an answer for all of it but right now, as the owner of a phone that the texting did work with who just upgraded to a phone that it does not currently work with, I'm not real happy at the moment.

Have a 2010 with Sync and a Droid Bionic. Formerly it would allow access to phonebook/call history. Now i cannot get the phonebook to download. Went to use recently and no phonebook-much to my surprise. Have tried to re-download using automatic download. No luck. Any one else with issue or answer?

I think I read somewhere that issues like this got sorted sometimes by deleting the phone from the car and vice versa then doing a fresh pairing. Try that?

I have a Motorola Electrify (US Cellular). It is also known as a Photon with Verizon. Neither phone is listed as a supported phone.

It spite of that the phone does connect with Sync, although it does have some issues.

...It does on occasion drop its connection and usually it can be reconnected.

...It does receive text messages, but it has never been able to send a text from the canned response messages.

Oh man' date=' I'm at work for another 25 minutes but when I get home I'll give some insight, at least what I can. I work for a major cellular carrier and am pretty phone savvy. I can definitely explain some of the issues and weirdness with the texting issue and am working on an answer for all of it but right now, as the owner of a phone that the texting did work with who just upgraded to a phone that it does not currently work with, I'm not real happy at the moment.[/quote']

Had any experfiences hooking up the RAZR MAXX HD ?? I just got one for Christmas, and will be getting it activated Sat. Wondering what to look for to.

Had any experfiences hooking up the RAZR MAXX HD ?? I just got one for Christmas' date=' and will be getting it activated Sat. Wondering what to look for to.[/quote']

I am betting it will work fine. According to that supported phones list most all the Moto phones work well.

I'm curious how the Windows phones will work.

• 3 weeks later...
My Galaxy Note 2 won't connect automatically where my iPhone 5 would. Am I missing something? The texting didn't work with either.

As far as I can tell, it has to do with the Samsung software on the phone. I was hoping to have time to investigate this further, but I had a RAZR MAXX that connected automatically and the text messaging worked, went to the Note 2 and now I have to prompt it to connect and the texts don't work. I'm hoping to find some time to root and load a custom image on the phone and see if that will correct it.

Ford shouldn't even have texting as a feature since 99% of us can't use it. But I did have my Sync updated this past Friday and it's a lot faster then it was when I purchased the car in November. I was hoping the update would have included the texting feature for the iPhone but no it didn't.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a galaxy S2 and my phone keeps dropping connection constantly. I changed the setting to always visible on my phones bluetooth setting, but that didn't seem to help either...it will connect automatically and I might even make a call or two and then it will just drop connection to the Sync service all of a sudden. It's pretty frustrating. I'm not sure if it's just my phone or what, but I connect to my basic bluetooth radio in my beater daily driver car just fine, but the Sync just doesn't work well so far for my Galaxy S2. My wife has the Galaxy S Relay 4G, which is a very similar phone and it doesn't have any issues at all...I even tried the Sync update (I'm on version 3.2.2 now I believe) and that still didn't seem to help my problems...