Ecoboost Owner Forums

My touch/ Sync and Droid phones

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus from Verizon. Stock the text feature does not work, but I rooted and installed CM10 custom firmware, everything works great. If you don't have text support from your Android phone's stock rom, look to the custom scene for your answer.

I tried Bugless Beast, AOKP and CM10.1, and none of them worked for text messages.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Regardless of the supported phones list, to access text messaging your phone has to support the Bluetooth Messaging Access Protocol. If it doesn't support this feature, it doesn't matter what the list says it will not work for text messaging. I have the Nexus 4 and it doesn't support this protocol so my phone doesn't work with text messaging. I am pretty sure most of the Galaxy S phone support this protocol, so if it doesn't work for you, I would use google, there are a ton of people that have posed this question on different android forums and you should find troubleshooting steps to fix your specific issue. Good luck!