Ecoboost Owner Forums

Dyno Results!

Made the trek down to see Rick and the rest of the guys at Livernois today to put the Flex on their AWD dyno. After changing the stock mufflers out (and seeing just how restrictive they appeared to be!) I was curious... and since the tracks are closed I thought I would try the dyno. So here are the results...

First up was just the STOCK TUNE with 93 in the the tank. Unfortunately I didn't have a good baseline! ARGH! However Rick was KIND enough to overlay my results with THEIR baseline from their Flex, also stock tune and 93 octane. (Did I mention the GREAT customer service Rick provides!) So this is my Flex vs LMS Flex, with the only difference being my new MRT axle-back exhaust. NOW, understand these are different vehicles, different days, same dyno. These number are not meant to be 100% accurate and I'm not going to make any claims regarding gains! I will let everyone make their own mind up! LOL!!!

Here is the HP graph:

HP_small.jpg

Here is the Torque graph:

Torque_small.jpg

AGAIN, I am not making any claims on the gains from the MRT system... but I did also notice my 0-60 MPH time drop quite a bit (stock tune) so between the dyno and the 0-60 MPH test, I have to believe the MRT exhaust is MORE than just Noise Fluff!!!

After a few pulls, Rick loaded my Stage 4+ Tune into the Flex... UNFORTUNATELY I was out of time (had to pick the kiddos up!), so we could not give the Flex a PROPER cool down! ARGH! STILL, the LOW END TORQUE gain was simply staggering!!!

Stock Tune vs LMS Stage 4+ Tune:

Stage_4_Plus.jpg

Rick got a the Flex on video!

[video=youtube;WtQMmUMWuKY]

Thanks again to Rick and the staff at LMS!

Wow, great pickups -- that initial torque increase was simply awesome . You'll need drag radials like Bob soon.:RpS_w00t:

I'd love to go to Rick's shop for a dyno -- Have to see about next spring.

still waiting to see if Bob's DR's help...

but yes, the low end torque gains is crazy! And that was without a proper cool down! Just more verification!

I think it's time I have my Brick dyno'd!

Great Info... Amazing Torque gain... Just imagine what is possible with Darreli's setup in your Brick and some cold outside air!

What model Dyno is Livernois using? Checked on DynoJet site and it appears that a shop about 10 mi from me in Bonita Springs, FL has the latest 4 wd version.

Made the trek down to see Rick and the rest of the guys at Livernois today to put the Flex on their AWD dyno. After changing the stock mufflers out (and seeing just how restrictive they appeared to be!) I was curious... and since the tracks are closed I thought I would try the dyno. So here are the results...

First up was just the STOCK TUNE with 93 in the the tank. Unfortunately I didn't have a good baseline! ARGH! However Rick was KIND enough to overlay my results with THEIR baseline from their Flex, also stock tune and 93 octane. (Did I mention the GREAT customer service Rick provides!) So this is my Flex vs LMS Flex, with the only difference being my new MRT axle-back exhaust. NOW, understand these are different vehicles, different days, same dyno. These number are not meant to be 100% accurate and I'm not going to make any claims regarding gains! I will let everyone make their own mind up! LOL!!!

Thanks again to Rick and the staff at LMS!

Thanks for the kind words John!

I think it's time I have my Brick dyno'd!

Great Info... Amazing Torque gain... Just imagine what is possible with Darreli's setup in your Brick and some cold outside air!

What model Dyno is Livernois using? Checked on DynoJet site and it appears that a shop about 10 mi from me in Bonita Springs, FL has the latest 4 wd version.

We have a DynoJet 424xLC2 w/ linx system

-Rick

Excellent! Now I'd be curious to see what the Airaid does or does not do in addition to the Stage 4+ and exhaust. Or what the Airaid would do with stock exhaust and Stage 4+. Hhhmmm' date=' may have to find an AWD dyno here in CT.[/quote']

Well... I did test the Airaid at the track.... This is with I believe LMS Stage 3

Airaid intake

Approx. 90 minute cool down

DA - somewhere between 1300 and 1600

Back to back run in 5 minutes - no waiting in staging lanes

lapeer_09_25_11_airaid.jpg

Put stock intake back on

Approx 90 minute cool down

DA - now 1880

Back to back runs in 13 minutes - so 8 minutes idling in staging lanes

lapeer_09_25_11_stock.jpg

That is just the hard data... I did my best to be as fair as possible... I will refrain from making any guesses or other commentary...

Archived