Ecoboost Owner Forums

My Ford Touch Wallpaper

I would like to see that on my wall paper screen as well.

Of course my old @ss will need a tutorial of some sorts.

Would I just take the file from here, down load it onto a flash drive and then what? Take the flash drive to the car? How do I proceed from there as far as getting it off the flash drive, and into/onto the car's hard drive?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I would like to see that on my wall paper screen as well.

Of course my old @ss will need a tutorial of some sorts.

Would I just take the file from here, down load it onto a flash drive and then what? Take the flash drive to the car? How do I proceed from there as far as getting it off the flash drive, and into/onto the car's hard drive?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Ask and you shall receive.

When I created the image I sized it based on what's required for the '13 MFT system, I assume its the same size screen in previous years?

Just save the image to a USB drive, plug it into your port in the center console glove box, go to your settings and save it under wallpapers, then you can select the image as your wallpaper.

If you can't stand to wait, here's the way to do it.

1. Click on NotEnufPSI's picture so it's the full size.

2. Right click on the picture.

3. Click "Save Picture as..."

4. Save it to a USB drive plugged into your computer as whatever name you want it.

5. After saved remove the USB drive from the computer and take it to your SHO

6. Turn on your car

7. Plug the USB drive into your car

8. Click "Settings" on the touch screen

9. Click "Display"

10. Click "Edit Wallpaper"

11. Click "Add" on the upper right-hand corner

12. Click "OK" when the display box for accepted files comes up

12. Click "USB Disk"

13. Scroll to the file that you named the photo and click it, a display box will pop showing it's saving

14. After the picture is saved, Click "Add Photos" on the upper left-hand corner

15. Chose the picture that you just saved, it will then show a preview on the left hand side

16. Click "Save"

17. Click the Home button and you will see your new photo.

Seems like a lot of steps but I broke it down to the most basic so it's easy to follow. Hope this helps if you decide to do it yourself.

Love the wallpaper and the easy instructions. I'm thinking that they might not apply to the '10 however. I'm good all the way to the display button click. after that I'm lost as my screen does not have a edit wallpaper choice. Or add photos. Am I doing something wrong or is this for the newer my Ford Touch.

Love the wallpaper and the easy instructions. I'm thinking that they might not apply to the '10 however. I'm good all the way to the display button click. after that I'm lost as my screen does not have a edit wallpaper choice. Or add photos. Am I doing something wrong or is this for the newer my Ford Touch.

Larry see my post #9 the youtube vid, I believe the OP instructions only apply for the 2013's

I don't think you can...the 2013 (and I believe 2012?) guys have the "new" My Ford Touch...2010/11 guys (myself included) have Sync which has the two separate "sides".

I GOT IT TO WORK AND ALL BUT HOW DO YOU GET THE FULL SCREEN EFFECT RATHER THAN THE SMALL PIC ON EACH SIDE' date=' YOUR FIRST POST SHOWS A ONE BACKGROUND FULL SCREEN....... Opps...Sorry caps.[/quote']

Hey Crash that looks like it will work. I'll get a chance to try later today. Thanks for the patient guidance.

Yep that worked just fine. I thought I might be able to use a flash drive but no go. Had to be a disc and not just any format disc. It had to be set up like a music disc. That done the rest was a snap. It does not look as nice as the newer more sophisticated set up where the wallpaper exists behind the surface layer. You just get a pic in the middle of the screen that is replaced by whatever the next screen is. It's sad to see my cars techno gadgets get dated. Just have to get a '13 I guess! I can see my wife getting worried.