Ecoboost Owner Forums

My Ford Touch Wallpaper

Yep that worked just fine. I thought I might be able to use a flash drive but no go. Had to be a disc and not just any format disc. It had to be set up like a music disc. That done the rest was a snap. It does not look as nice as the newer more sophisticated set up where the wallpaper exists behind the surface layer. You just get a pic in the middle of the screen that is replaced by whatever the next screen is. It's sad to see my cars techno gadgets get dated. Just have to get a '13 I guess! I can see my wife getting worried.

Glad I could help. So just burning file to CD-R wont cut it?

Glad I could help. So just burning file to CD-R wont cut it?

Well burning to a cd is what worked in the end. It's just that I had to choose what format the cd would be.....probably because I grabbed a cdr rather than a plain old cd. It's just what I had on hand. I had to have it formatted as a music cd rather than a data cd. I have no idea why the data format did not work except that as a data cd the disk is not locked after the burning so you can add more data later just as if it was a flash drive. The music format on the other hand the cd is locked so you can not add another file to it later which is an option only on a cdr ( r = re-record). I'm not a nerd so sorry if I have that screwed up.

As to pixelation no my SHO was not pixelated at all. It had nice resolution. My frustration came from not being able to get rid of the blue bands top and bottom. I tried to reformat the pic from landscape to a square format to fill the entire frame but I failed. The top and bottom bands are not optional I think. I thought of making the background of the pic a matching blue but so far I've been to lazy to try it. Don't know if I could. I've never had much success with photo shop. Sure wish the SHO floated on a lower background like wallpaper on the newer models.

• 3 months later...