• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 turbodave

turbodave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Haven't had much luck over on the Lincoln board so I'll ask here. Anyone installed a lockpick on their MKT? I'm interested in how to get the trim off and radio out without damaging anything. I'm a visual kind of guy so pictures would be fantastic!!
  • EkbergJen and RudyFloum like this

#2 racerx78

racerx78

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

I've not, but its something i would love to do if i can find one that is compatible with my car.

#3 SHOdded

SHOdded

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

I just read over on another forum that they had Lockpick installed on an MKX, but they used a professional installer, since they were upgrading to a nav system at the same time.

#4 Doug B

Doug B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

Did you get an answer to this? I just did it on my 2011 SHO. The most interesting part was getting started -- getting the console edge trim to move the first time was a real challenge. A couple of plastic paint/epoxy mixer sticks to pry at the edges finally got it moving. After that it was just a matter of 20+ screws. I didn't think to take pics, but might do so in a couple of weeks when I go back in to change some settings.

#5 Kolk1

Kolk1

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:02 AM

They dont list anything for the MKT, but for the SHO, you can just go to MetraOnline.com, they make dash kits for the SHO, so follow the link, click on the picture of the dash kit, and it will give you step by step instruction. But this only works for cars they make dash kits for. I use it at work all the time. lol

#6 turbodave

turbodave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:55 AM

I'm interested in how and what to remove to get at the radio. There doesn't seem to be any info on how to remove the trim pieces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users