Ecoboost Owner Forums

How old are you?

larry- you got me by 3 years, 67, i'm sure you are glad as i that muscle cars are back like when we were young. who would have thought a couple years ago, thought they were dead forever. my dad did a little tinkering on the mopars i had. main thing i did to them was have some thrush glasspacks put on them as soon as i could. wow did i love that sound, of course the cops in the small town i grew up in loved them too. i forgot what they called the tickets that i got.

larry- you got me by 3 years' date=' 67, i'm sure you are glad as i that muscle cars are back like when we were young. who would have thought a couple years ago, thought they were dead forever. my dad did a little tinkering on the mopars i had. main thing i did to them was have some thrush glasspacks put on them as soon as i could. wow did i love that sound, of course the cops in the small town i grew up in loved them too. i forgot what they called the tickets that i got.[/quote']

Did you have rampant street racing in your area? The police were sure looking the other way in our neck of the woods because that was our main entertainment on Saturday and Sunday nights.

And as the storyline to this thread.. I am @ 55. livin it to the fullest as much as I can. Lovin my 2012 SHO. My last Ford was a 1980 Thunderbird. Truly was total anemic. Compare to the path which the SHO has come. Also proud owner of a 1978 6.6 liter Trans Am. Which I have owned since 1984.

larry-coming from a small town, it was more country road racing. we had multiple 1/4 mile stretches we used. When the cops went to one we would just move on to another. that's how i lost my '67 chevelle, totalled it, got into the side road gravel & lost it. looking back it's amazing more us weren't killed. that's also the reason there really are so few true survivors from that era. testosterone, speed & easy liquor enforcement were a fun but bad combo, that and your girlfriend nuzzlling you sitting on the console, can you see today girls sitting on a console!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikev