Ecoboost Owner Forums

Easy 60 lbs weight reduction.

Paulford8

SO I have heated seats. In 3 pieces the back seats weighed in at 15 lbs, 18lbs and 25 lbs so technically 58 lbs. 16mm bolts hold the top, ratchet extension through the crack between upper/lower and top is loose. Unplug heater control, and pull out.

Bottoms are held in from by a plastic retainer in the front, 1 each side. It has a release lever, slide and pull up, unplug and your out. 10 minutes.

Prob trying a track trip Saturday. Going to be cool and dry. That plus I have every other weekend booked this spring and really into summer. Going for an ALL OUT effort to lay down ET this trip.

May take more stuff out tomorrow!

Seatsamppumpkin1002_zps197eaa47.jpg

When I was doing my stereo I weighed a bunch of stuff. Sub box with 2 subs and amp was 60lbs, back seat with everything, and spare tire was 110. So I know in about 1/2 hour I can remove about 170lbs. Also today I put a class 3 hitch on, it could come off pretty quick and it's probably 60-70lbs also. I didn't weigh it.

Oh you dont know how many times Ive heard in my life I need to teach my wife to drag race. If my wife could of drove my camaro, it would of been a 10sec car, all I could get was 11.1's. Im a big guy, well over 6foot, and 300lbs, my wife is 4'10 about 110lbs. lol

I know the passenger seat has to weigh a lot, a crap load if you the massaging too. But I haven't looked, are the side airbags in the seats? If there are any yellow plugs under the seat I wouldn't unplug them, and then turn the car on, you could get a airbag code, and I'm not sure about fords, but usually those can only be cleared by the dealership.

They say every 100 pounds is saves you about 1/10 off in quarter. Personally' date=' not worth my time to go a couple tenth's faster. LOL[/quote']

It is if you run a 13.0 lol

I think most people actually like doing some type of track prep. In my case, I could spend 1 hour, and remove almost 250lbs. Not bad.

Dont mention the stereo dude... I was eying the subs tonight :) Never have used the sun shade although I know it doesnt weight much. Pulled the all season floor mats out' date=' prob 1-2 lbs. I will take the spare out at the track for good measure.[/quote']

Holy crap. I TOTALLY forgot I had a sun shade. LOL. its been a very long winter.

I think most people actually like doing some type of track prep. In my case, I could spend 1 hour, and remove almost 250lbs. Not bad.

i could lose 150 pounds by leaving my fat ass on in the stands and letting my wife drive. For the record, i think she had a heavier foot than i do. She scares me when she drives.

i could lose 150 pounds by leaving my fat ass on in the stands and letting my wife drive. For the record' date=' i think she had a heavier foot than i do. She scares me when she drives.[/quote']

Actually, my wife scares me when she drives even if she drives slow... Actually even when she parks the car! lol

Replacing the driver could easily remove another 60 lbs!

Lol

Very motivated Paul!

Good luck!

Remove passenger head rest, cd's in storage, floor mats, engine cover, empty glove dpmt, how about sunshades?, go to the bathroom before the race! Lol

Thats kinda how I got started. June last year I weighed 215, now 170 today. SO I was trying to get that 100+ pounds. My wife actually only weighs a few pounds less then me right now. I am trying to shed a few more by the end of the month (1/2 marathon and triathlon). I started loosing weight to compete in these running/triathlon races, car faster is an added bonus!

Yeah all good points BTW. Need to clear everything I can out. 50' and sunny so I have a good shot for a quick run. Really want to have a 12.0-12.2 run at least 1 time.

Dont mention the stereo dude... I was eying the subs tonight :) Never have used the sun shade although I know it doesnt weight much. Pulled the all season floor mats out' date=' prob 1-2 lbs. I will take the spare out at the track for good measure.[/quote']

Most of us arent lucky enough to have that problem with our SHO's. :(

Thats kinda how I got started. June last year I weighed 215, now 170 today. SO I was trying to get that 100+ pounds. My wife actually only weighs a few pounds less then me right now. I am trying to shed a few more by the end of the month (1/2 marathon and triathlon). I started loosing weight to compete in these running/triathlon races, car faster is an added bonus!

Yeah all good points BTW. Need to clear everything I can out. 50' and sunny so I have a good shot for a quick run. Really want to have a 12.0-12.2 run at least 1 time.

Kolk1. Paulford will go to any ends to stay faster than me. I was the fastest stock SHO here beating him by .1sec 97deg at 13.7sec vs Paul at 68deg and 13.8sec. Then with a tune only Paul went 13.2sec at 60deg vs me 13.0sec at 95deg (I live in HOT ATLANTA). Then he went METH and 12.44sec no temp vs me at 59deg 12.66sec. At the end of the yr I told him why my car is a little faster than his is(I'm the fastest in the club for very new level of MOD I DO) becauce my car is 200lb liter than every car in the club. Order it that way from the factory 12S PP is the only option I have . At the track with a 1/4 tank of gas I wt 4165lb + 220lb for me total 4385lb. Liter than most car empty. So this yr I'm going Meth so Paul got to find way to lose 200lb to stay faster than me.LOL PS steve had down-pipe,x-pipe,2.5" up-grade,& lower spring plus a dyno tune.

Taurus SHO/ Lincoln MKS

1. First-SHO 12.0909 @ 114MPH

2. steve142857 12.092 @ 117.93MPH

3. Darreli 12.11 @ 114MPH

4. crash712us 12.25 @ 110MPH

5. bpd1151 12.37 @ 111MPH

6. Paulford8 12.44 @ 112.7MPH

7. steve142857 (2013 Model Year) 12.52 @ 113.2MPH

8. shoman04 12.66 @ 105MPH

9. Rick @ Livernois 12.69 @ 107MPH

10. Gregoire 12.79 @ 107.3MPH

Not the WHOLE story SHOMAN. I was running the stock 19" wheels and 38K stock tires. I was burning all over the place. I ran as fast as 13.11 before the methanol, downpipes and X pipe in the heat also. It was 95+ 100% humidity a couple times. I didnt get any decent air until the 2nd to last time I went (12.44) and this last time was Jan 1 (12.43) NO TRACTION.

These summer tires stick much better. I am anticipating much better results.

Kolk I am assuming Cordova is to long of a haul for you? What about the 1/8 mile at Havanna Central IL Dragway? Havanna is actually the closest but I want to get a better 1/4 time. Let me know if you want to meet up and race. Havanna is easy for me, and I can even do Gateway.

Not the WHOLE story SHOMAN. I was running the stock 19" wheels and 38K stock tires. I was burning all over the place. I ran as fast as 13.11 before the methanol, downpipes and X pipe in the heat also. It was 95+ 100% humidity a couple times. I didnt get any decent air until the 2nd to last time I went (12.44) and this last time was Jan 1 (12.43) NO TRACTION.

These summer tires stick much better. I am anticipating much better results.

Kolk I am assuming Cordova is to long of a haul for you? What about the 1/8 mile at Havanna Central IL Dragway? Havanna is actually the closest but I want to get a better 1/4 time. Let me know if you want to meet up and race. Havanna is easy for me, and I can even do Gateway.

Paul My Friend.LOL It's all in fun and after DOWN-PIPE,X-PIPE,&METH I'm going after MY JEDI SPEED MASTER (STEVE) 12.0 or 11.9sec. And I WILL STILL YOUR BACK SEAT TO DO IT TO. THANKS!!!!!

Im that worried about it to go to a different track, Gateway is like 20 minutes from my house. But either way, I just wish one of the local guys had it, so we could just compare highway rolls, and maybe a couple digs.

Kolk1: if you want to see videos of stage 5, go on youtube and type: steve142857... I have many of my runs filmed in car and against others. There is a 0-125 mph with meth in 14 sec and a few runs in 12.09-12.12 sec.

It should help to convince you.

I can't wait to have the meth kit transferted and dynotuned at Livernois May 8th.

I just ran 12.5 at 113mph, so I think I can reach 11's...

Do it Kolk1! Use meth with us! Lol