Ecoboost Owner Forums

Amp wiring question

So in the next week or two I'll be installing my system. So it brings me to question something. I do have the Sony package and from what I read there's audio out connectors on the back. Looking at the dash it looks like a long pain in the butt task to get to it. Would I be better off just going with a loc and wiring that in or should I take on the task of taking apart the dash? I will be pushing around 1500 rms to my subs.

From everything i have researched and witnessed...open the trunk...take down the carpet on the left side.....hanging on the wall is the sony amp.

From there, with the correct connector...you can hook into the pre amp, or the high pass (amplified) and go into you new stuff from there.

Audi controll makes some good electronics for going high pass.

I am sure my buddy Kevin will chime in.

Hi, Im Kevin. lol

There are no pre-outs on the back of the radio. You need to go to the Sony amp, and use a LOC.

At that point. What my findings were, and what worked for me. The factory subs are crossed over too low. The rear doors are crossed over too high. The front doors are full range. So on that note(pun intended) I used the front doors to get my signal for the LOC to run mine, and the other SHO's ive done, with no known issues.

I used the signal after the amp, then used a normal LOC. I didnt test using the Pre amp signal, and then just using a Speaker wire to RCA adapter with no build in converter. I was planning too, but since it all worked out great, and I have NO audible reason to try a different connection, I never got around to it.

I have a wiring chart that should be the same for 10-12, not sure if its the same for 13. Probably is, but not sure. ill post it later when I get home.

• 1 month later...
I used the signal after the amp, then used a normal LOC. I didnt test using the Pre amp signal, and then just using a Speaker wire to RCA adapter with no build in converter. I was planning too, but since it all worked out great, and I have NO audible reason to try a different connection, I never got around to it.

I have a wiring chart that should be the same for 10-12, not sure if its the same for 13. Probably is, but not sure. ill post it later when I get home.

Hi Kevin, this is what I was looking for. A good reason to check out the preamp would be for fade control. Is there any info or diagrams for the preamp wiring? I saw your post with the wiring diagram but didn't see anything for the preamp wires. I'm going to check it out tomorrow. Maybe the preamp wires are coded the same as the speaker wires?

For pre-amp wiring, Im not sure id be able to pull up the same type of wiring chart. I do have All Data, but it will be wiring diagrams, so for most people harder to impossible to read. lol

Also, I havent looked at the wiring chart to double check, but it might give radio wiring colors as well as speaker wires, Radio wiring would be a way to see Pre amp colors.

• 7 months later...