2013 Taurus SHO

Performance Package

Livernois Motorsports 93 Tune

NGK 1 step colder plugs

170* Thermostat

AIRAID Intake

Corsa Exhaust

4th Gear pulls, SAE corrected on a Dynocom Dyno

Dyno sheet shows the 1st and 3rd pull. 1st pull engine was still fairly cold. The HP seemed high - I was expecting somewhere around 350. For comparison, right after me a 2011 Camaro SS L99 Auto w/ intake made 333 WHP / 346 WTQ, which is right on for that car. So who knows...

[video=youtube;Q_lmARb6XGI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_lmARb6XGI&feature=youtu.be

HP #'s you are reporting, definitely seem abnormally high.

Especially given the fact that most guys, including myself, who are running higher stage tune files, along with more mods, including methanol, are achieving similar HP #'s, or just slightly more.....

I would bargain to say there's likely some sort of fudging, and/or error there somewhere.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Yea, I'm not sure. Numbers are corrected to SAE. This tune is a new update Livernois sent me a few weeks ago, said to make "slightly more power". Like I said, I expected around 350 and assumed it was high but then right after me that Camaro went on and put down numbers exactly as it should have. Haven't heard much of Dynocom dynos to know what other factors could have came into play. I'll be headed back to the track in a month so we'll see how it does compared to last fall.

Maybe Rick will see this and chime in.

I know have heard before not all dyno are not the same. And there are a lot of other variables in the calibration and smoothing, another words if had your car dyno'd and a 10 different shops you will 10 different results. But like the old saying going the proof is in the pudding, so track results will ultimately prove out these numbers. Would like to see the dyno graph though maybe it further explain the extraordinary results as even the dyno jet at LMS records very high spikes on there AWD dyno that they have to smooth out, which is some sort strange phenomenon with AWD drive dyno's.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2343[/ATTACH]

Yea I know all don't read the same. I definitely don't like the graph the Dynocom software puts out.

Best ET/MPH with the first version of the 2013 tune and AIRAID was 12.9@110. This is the 3rd revision tune I've received and I have catback now.

post-693-142532292287_thumb.jpg

post-693-142532292287_thumb.jpg

No, never did a baseline, and no, nothing noticeable.

Eh, I shouldn't have even posted up the numbers since they didn't seem right.

NO NO not all. Your numbers are probably accurate, now that I seen the graph. And its in the testing that yielded these results, look at it they began the pull at 4500rpms. As mention before about variables, how the test are performed will yield different results. At LMS they start there pulls at much lower rpms as seen in the 2 pull here 1 start at 1500rpms and the 2nd at 2250. But don't regret posting there are just so many variables, it would be nice if there was a standardize procedure in performing dyno test. But to be honest this 1st dyno graph I've seen that was performed like that.

file-1.jpg

Did Livernois go in and make changes to "lock" your car in 4th gear so they could get a full range pull? I've seen tuners do that on autos to make it easier on them if they are dynotuning and making multiple pulls.

We tried 2 methods on the pulls since even in manual mode it will downshift itself at WOT.

- Put the car in 4th then try to get it up to an RPM where it wouldn't downshift then go WOT (which is what I read most were doing)

- Go WOT then immediately shift up to 4th to get a better range on the pull but this was screwing up the readings for some reason, so these runs were disregarded

Not exactly sure what they did there, but I thought they made pulls in 3rd gear which I know won't down shift even at lower rpms. But now that you mention it I think I have notice before being in 4th in manual mode and go wot it will down shift. So there are obviously some counter measure to keep you from over loading the trans. Hope others such as darrell or 1st-sho will pipe in as there cars have seen much dyno time and may have the answer to this question.

I got an email saying a new update was made to my strategy code and is available for download. Probably because I was just talking to them a few weeks prior getting an update for a 170* t-stat.

No need to contact anyone - just open your tuner update program and see if there is anything new to download for your strategy.

I got an email saying a new update was made to my strategy code and is available for download. Probably because I was just talking to them a few weeks prior getting an update for a 170* t-stat.

No need to contact anyone - just open your tuner update program and see if there is anything new to download for your strategy.

^^ this is why I thought that updating tuner would give me updated maps^^ so yeah no it did not update maps. Going to call Livernois.

I checked for updates and there was an update for the device but no updated maps. Bummer think I will have to call them. Wish who ever replaced Rick would make themselves known and available on this site for quick questions and support.
Were there any available updated maps after giving them a call?