Ecoboost Owner Forums

First trip to Milan leaves me a little disappointed

TuxedoSHO

So I just finished my second run at Milan on an 81 degree day. DA of 2413. Ran a 13.19@105.36 on my 2010 non-pp with LMS stage 4+ tune, k&n CAI, LMS downpipes and corsa catback. Left the spare and jack at home, tire pressure at 28, launched around 2100.. Something doesn't seem right. I was expecting high 12s, but can't seem to get out of the 13s.

Any thoughts?

I would expect high 12's too in those conditions. My best times were realized with tailwind and DA of -1000 or better!

With your setup without downpipes, I was doing 12.6-12.7's... So In your conditions, that would be about 13 flat without downpipes... Or high -12's with downpipes.

What were your 60' times? That will tell if something wrong or just bad tires/bad track prep combo.

Yeah, went around the water box. Another couple things I just remembered.. I miscalculated the amount of gas it would take to get to Milan, so I had a little over a quarter tank, and I'm not sure I turned TC off. I'm not even sure it would have made a difference given that its a non-PP.

Any noticeable difference in track times between H&R and Eibach springs? My driveway is a bit steep (front end touches as is) and due to our excellent Michigan roads, I don't think I'd be too enthusiastic about lowering the car nearly 2 inches. An adjustable setup would be ideal, but I don't think there is anything currently available.

Yeah' date=' went around the water box. Another couple things I just remembered.. I miscalculated the amount of gas it would take to get to Milan, so I had a little over a quarter tank, and I'm not sure I turned TC off. I'm not even sure it would have made a difference given that its a non-PP.[/quote']

Launch at 2500rpm or so, traction control off. Your sixty foot is your problem.

I have the exact 2010 non-pp and a few weeks ago I went 13.16 at Milan during LMS customer appreciation day. My only mod is the LMS stage 4+. Nothing else. Heck, I even have the stock paper filter. (Car has 70k miles with crapyears). So I would say those times are definitely slow. Sorry buddy!

I do have to add I made 10 runs in a 2.5 hour time frame and the launch advise is spot on. Launch to soft no good, launch to hard no good. My best times were: 1750 rpms, traction control off, transmission in manual mode but let car shift itself. I am one of the lucky ones to have the little "hill assist" icon present if I put the shifter in manual mode as Lon as I don't touch the paddle shifters.

I am one of the lucky ones to have the little "hill assist" icon present if I put the shifter in manual mode as Lon as I don't touch the paddle shifters.

I get the same icon when I put mine in manual. Any idea what exactly that mode does?

I'm planning on heading back down there tomorrow night to see if I can do any better with my current setup. If not, I may have to look into tires and springs. I refuse to accept anything over 12.9 lol

So... I made it to Milan friday night... Ran 12.84 - 12.89 all night. Seems like I'm def spinning off the line with TC off, so it looks like I'll be picking up a new set of summer tires, wheels and possibly springs before my next trip down.

Wish I could have gotten a couple more runs in but about an hour and a half before close, some guy decided to flip his new 1200+ horsepower Vega, so I spent the next 75 minutes or so sitting in the staging lanes waiting for the track crew to clean off the track.

"Wish I could have gotten a couple more runs in but about an hour and a half before close, some guy decided to flip his new 1200+ horsepower Vega, so I spent the next 75 minutes or so sitting in the staging lanes waiting for the track crew to clean off the track." There is the Milan dragway I remember. Also very little DHT used on test and tune nights. Nice to read you got into the high 12's. These cars seems to be very temperature sensitive.