Ecoboost Owner Forums

Aluminum Pedal Kit

Has anyone swapped out their factory accelerator and brake pedals with the Flex Pedal Kit (Motorcraft BG1Z-9G757-A) or the SHO Pedal Kit (Motorcraft DG1Z-9G757-A)? I haven't found a kit for the XSport. I believe these are all the same OEM part which indicate memory adjustable foot pedals, they are both around $100.00 for accelerator pedal sending unit and brake pad swap. I looked at the OEM accelerator pedal in my XSport, and they look the same, but the OEM accelerator pedal sending unit only for the XSport is twice as much ($200.00) I did this on my prior Edge Limited ($80.00) and really liked the look of the aluminum pedals. I think I'm going to order the Flex Kit and try it out, my local parts counter is pretty good about no re-stocking fees if it doesn't work out.

I haven't heard of anyone having performed this mod, but it sounds like it'll work.

But it sounds like you've got a no brainer attempt at it, if you don't customarily get charged re-stocking fee(s). So give it a shot :thumb:

Please be sure to post both pre, and post install pics.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...

Well, I finally got a chance to install the Taurus/MKS Sport Pedal Kit (DG1Z-9G757-A ) on my Explorer Sport, I can't believe this is not OEM. It was really simple, the best tool to use to attach the brake pedal pad is a paint can lid remover you get from the home depot. The accelerator pedal is about +/- 6mm (1/4") closer to the brake pedal. From my crude measurement, they were 80.47mm (3-5/16") OEM, now they are 74.85mm (3") apart.

post-1100-142532296942_thumb.jpg

post-1100-142532296942_thumb.jpg