Ecoboost Owner Forums

Winter Set

I've been in PA for a year and last winter was nothing -- snow was weak from what I was "prepared" for.

Now that I got the SHO and AWD; I'm trying to figure out if I should get a set of winter tyres even though I'm not expecting Chicago type snow storms, or hell anything north where 10" + drop. I thought maybe all season but after looking around I don't see anything good. Grant it AS are not as great as ultra high performance summer tyres like Nitto Invo's.

Thoughts? I thought about picking up another set of wheels (ones I actually want) and then throw winter rubber on my factory PP wheels (since they really ain't worth selling).

Geswek, I thought that you didn't have the room to store a second set. If so, I would go A/S. The Michelin's did surprisingly well on my car this winter.

You can't beat the price of First-SHOs Blizzaks and they are great tires. had a set on my Tbird... Night and day difference in traction!

There is a demand for the 13 rims, sell them and get what you want.

Geswek' date=' I thought that you didn't have the room to store a second set. If so, I would go A/S. The Michelin's did surprisingly well on my car this winter. You can't beat the price of First-SHOs Blizzaks and they are great tires. had a set on my Tbird... Night and day difference in traction! There is a demand for the 13 rims, sell them and get what you want. [/quote']

I can make it work; I decided if I did this I would use my coat closet to store them (I don't use it as is anyways).

I can buy brand new Blizz's for the same price as First-SHO and they'll fit my PP wheels. It's not worth selling my PP wheels if I go with dual wheels. I am getting new wheels period for the SHO.

I would prefer A/S, but do not want to short sell myself on traction--especially with the 400awhp kit I plan to do next year.

I'd like to upgrade the looks of the wheels as well. I plan on throwing some Blizzaks on the stockers. Finding any wheels you like?

I did; decided to follow bpd and go with the TSW Nurburgring wheels; I just can't decide over Matte Black or Bronze.

This is what I am aiming for ;)

slamit.jpg