Ecoboost Owner Forums

2011 Lincoln MKS - EcoBoost Appearance Package - Factory Wheels

Does anyone know right off if the 20" polished aluminum wheels that come with the EcoBoost Appearance Package on a 2011 MKS are clear coated? I'm about to order some wheel products and I haven't inspected them closely enough... and the car is not available to me at the moment.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I don't really have any concrete plans yet. For the wheels, I just want to properly clean them as I'm sure they haven't seen that treatment before. For the overall picture, I'm trying to be more methodical in my approach than I have with past vehicles. I'd like to replace the mid-pipe/resonator with an x-pipe and throw in a Livernois tune, but I'm concerned about warranty issues. First and foremost, I need to get the car to a dealership and have them address the harsh 1-2 shift I'm getting on occasion. I've located a TSB for the problem and it looks like they will need to get into the valve body of the transmission to resolve the issue. The leather on the side of the driver's seat cushion also has a crack in it. No mods of any kind will take place until I'm able to have these issues sorted.

I have the same issue with my seat. The dealer has already ordered a replacement under warranty. I'm just waiting for it to come in. I haven't noticed any shift issues. I'm getting an AirRaid in July and plan on a tune later this year. Let me know what the dealer says about the shifting issue. Thanks!