Ecoboost Owner Forums

New TSW wheels

This is just step one in my Flex Make-Over... wasn't going to post up yet... but what the heck... LOL

Sorry for the cell phone pics... I will do a better job with the photos when the make-over is complete! In the meantime...

Ordered new wheels from local Discount Tire. Got a nice price on the TSW Nurburgring. $320 a piece and then $100 in rebates...

In the Box:

photo_4_.JPG

On the Flex:

wheels.jpg

All I can say is OMG! are these things LIGHT! These are the 20x8.5 and they weigh in at 23 pounds! I picked one up with one hand and simply could not believe how light it was! The Discount Tire guy said he had to hurry up and open the box when he picked it up to make sure there was a 20" wheel inside! LOL! The stock wheels feel so much more heavy! Especially when you have to carry them to the shed in the back yard! LOL!

The color is a fairly light gray but really depends on the lighting... The picture above was in very bright direct sunlight...

So did a 0-60 MPH run this morning. Dropped my time by .06. But then I got to looking at the weather! Tempertures were the same... This is with the stock tune..

Stock wheels - 5.60 seconds with barometer of 30.25 and humdity of 71%

New wheels - 5.54 seconds BUT with a barometer of only 29.92 and humdity of 80%

Now... just waiting for the tracks to open!!! In the mean time, the Make-Over continues... LOL

So... Is step 2 some lowering springs????

Your 20" wheels weigh what my ASA 18"s do. Now you need some lighter/stickier summer tires, or did you get some different ones already, with the wheels?

My 18" Conti DW's started out at 25 lbs... but with 25K of wear & tear.... they are now down to 22lbs! The 285-40-18 Nitto Drag Radials weigh almost 30 lbs.

Yea I tell you what....

I was pricing some of my own custom designed wheels, and prices were / are astro-freak'n-nominal, holy christ ain't even kid'n.

The next semi, mass produced after market wheel that kept catch'n my eye are / were these wheels you picked up for your Flex Scrming.

Very VERY SHARP :thumb:

I also have a connect at Discount Tire, but I would like to pick up a set in all black, 20x8.5 up front, then 20x10's for the rear.

I'm think'n my rear set's gonna hafta to be special ordered.....

Just WOW can't believe how good those look.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

So... Is step 2 some lowering springs????

Your 20" wheels weigh what my ASA 18"s do. Now you need some lighter/stickier summer tires, or did you get some different ones already, with the wheels?

My 18" Conti DW's started out at 25 lbs... but with 25K of wear & tear.... they are now down to 22lbs! The 285-40-18 Nitto Drag Radials weigh almost 30 lbs.

Yeah, I couldn't believe how light these wheels were! Literally pick them up with one hand! LOL

No, lowering springs in the immediate future, perhaps some day... but the wife already says she wishes the Flex sat up HIGHER! LOL

As for tires... no plans to change tires... got 20,500 miles on these already (in 6 months!)... may go to a better all season but not a summer only...

Yea I tell you what....

I was pricing some of my own custom designed wheels, and prices were / are astro-freak'n-nominal, holy christ ain't even kid'n.

The next semi, mass produced after market wheel that kept catch'n my eye are / were these wheels you picked up for your Flex Scrming.

I also have a connect at Discount Tire, but I would like to pick up a set in all black, 20x8.5 up front, then 20x10's for the rear.

Thanks!!!

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can get out and get some better pictures to show of the wheels better!

Guest 4DRHTRD

I'm looking at the Forgestar F14's, maybe even a staggered setup with 265/40-22 and 305/35-22 on the Flex. I need to get over and do a mock fitting first and then order the wheels/tires.

Yea I tell you what....

The Nurbergring wheels are readily available in the gunmetal color in all 20" (114.3) bolt pattern sizes. Just checked inventory on TSW website. Assume that Black would be an aftermarket powder coating project. Not sure which offset in 20" x 10" would fit. (25 ET or 40 ET) May depend on the back spacing issues with other suspension components. Believe the 25's would stick out awfully far, but 40's might have clearance issues on the inside.

Archived