Ecoboost Owner Forums

Recording music from a Flash Drive connected to the USB port

I don't think you can download flash drive or Ipod recordings to HDD - only CDs. Same thing with photos - MUST be on a CD first. Strange' date=' yes. [/quote'] Does it matter what format music file is on the CD. In other words can I burn a CD of MP3 files or do I need the original WAV format. I've been meaning to load up the Juke Box but haven't gotten to it yet.

I have only used CDRW as well, so I can't comment on MP3. I also use Pandora to stream through BT, but still use the HDD when I get a hankering for a particular song or album. The system is not perfect, but it sure has lots of options for listening! Radio, CD, XM, HDD, Ipod, BT streaming......

I have an older 80 gig iPod with my whole library on it that is hooked to the USB in the console. I mostly only listen to a couple of playlists though so I thought I'd free up the USB by streaming the same playlists from my iPhone. It works but I don't have as much control streaming like voice selection. So I thought maybe if I put a few playlists on the Ford Juke Box I'd have the full control that was designed into the system. Sounds like I can load MP3 onto the Juke Box. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Ok then, just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing something.....I love the HDD option, but compared to the HDD in the CTS owned before my SHO, this system isnt as user friendly. Possibly they improved things in the 2013 models ?

Really the only dislike about the system is that you cant download from a Flashdrive and it's a bit of a hassle to delete songs........Im not going to compain much, still love the options.

Thanks all,

Be aware that some of the restrictions MAY be to comply with copyright laws, or to at least to make it more difficult for a user to violate them. If Ford made it too easy they could be targeted by the music industry for litigation. That is most likely what drove the "from CD only" functionality.