Ecoboost Owner Forums

New Brakes!

Guest Guest

Shoman' date=' now that you've had those installed for some time, how do you like them? And how are the pads holding up?[/quote'] I replace them when the stock die at 25k miles I now have 68k miles on my car and 2weeks ago when I change the oil, I had the pad checked. The pads started with 75mm and after 40k mi I still have 45mm on them! The rotors look new and I auto-cross my car!!!!!!! love Them a lot!!!

15% off on $150 or more ends Friday! Use 15DEAL. It's all over their website. Then they'll probably have a 20% off 4th sale! LOL
Well if I didn't have lightning damage to replace ( phones, TV, computer) I would seriously consider it...think the lightning damage will set back mods a few months.... Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Guest Guest

I have been going very easy on them. I haven't made any hard slow downs yet but the pedal does feel good. That warped grinding feeling is gone. I can tell the pads are bedding in. I can feel just the slightest hint of the bedding material scuffing the discs. The fronts are pretty flat but the backs are bedding from the top and the bottom edges in. The brakes feel like they are going to be pretty powerful when I get a chance to do some hard breaking. And, when the bedding material is gone, I'm confident I'll have a nice, smooth powerful slow down/stop. I think when I have a smooth bed across the back discs I'll be in pretty good shape. When I get the tires put on, hopefully Thursday afternoon, I'll have them take a look and see how they are coming along. The only issue I have is that the front pads don't cover the whole disc area. The inside of the disc surface is not being used. That's from the pad being arc shaped. I think the non-PP pads with their straight across the bottom configuration would reach deeper towards the hat. But, like Tom pointed out the PP pads have more surface on the outside circumference of the disc, giving it more braking power. Either way, the non-bedded area of the disc is still glazed so after the rain last nigh only the bedded area showed rust until applying the brakes. (Like any rotor does.) These pictures are after about 50 miles of interstate, and 50 miles of country roads. At lunch today, I went for a drive in the country and did some easy braking with plenty of cool down.

IMG_0342_zps67be43e7.jpg

db2b7971-bc7c-4550-aed9-bb6bf2afeb69_zps5d79ab7b.jpg

Look'n great Dave!

I'm sure once the bedding in period has come and gone, and you mash the sh!t outta that brake pedal, you'll have a MUCH higher degree of confidence when it comes to braking.

You can see the heat signatures in the OEM rotor of that 'BEFORE' pic you showed. Crazy how the OEM pad material just doesn't jive well with the OEM rotor.

Many happy miles with your new / current set up. I myself absolutely LOVE the EBC Yellow Track Pads and will be purchasing another exact set when mine's ready for replacement.

Guest Guest

Thanks BPD! I'm lovin' them already. That little touch of yellow looks cool and you know they mean business. Just got to get past this bedding in. Yeah, that OEM left front rotor was a mess! No wonder it sounded so bad. I should be stopping pretty fast and smooth with the yellows and 255's.