Ecoboost Owner Forums

AWD dyno found!!!

I am super stoked! Found a shop that is 20 minutes from me here in northern Virginia that has an AWD dyno. Appointment made and prepaid for Saturday. 3 pulls + a/f ratio for $85. Time to see what this fat pig makes to the wheels. Mods are airaid cai, magnaflow catback, and of course a livernois stage 4 tune! I will post the dyno sheet when it's all said and done.

Good find JoJo.....

I never realized how hard it is for some of you to locate places that have an AWD Dyno. I suppose I sometimes take it for granted living in the Chicagoland area where there are plenty available.

Even better that LMS is only about 4hrs or so from me, so umm yea.... :thumb:

Good luck with the pulls & look'n forward to your results!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that. I am constantly maneuvering around the pothole land mines here in Pennsylvania. A couple months back I was driving in an unfamiliar area at night and hit a pot hole that I thought tore the plastic trim off the front end of the car.

Pennsylvania IMHO is the pothole capital of the country..

• 1 month later...

Update.....

Well I finally got around to taking the SHO to Ptuning in manasas, va to get her dyno'd and see what she puts down.

The final numbers with a airaid cold air, magnaflow catback and livernois stage 4+ tune was 291/283.

I was a bit disappointed but they said their dyno reads low. I'm wondering if this is in line with what everyone else is making. The details of their dyno is below. I am not very familiar with AWD dynos but I know every type is different. Can any tech guys shed some light on this?

Dyno Dynamics AWD (2400 whp steady state) quad retarder loading dyno.

Link to video:

Update.....

Well I finally got around to taking the SHO to Ptuning in manasas, va to get her dyno'd and see what she puts down.

The final numbers with a airaid cold air, magnaflow catback and livernois stage 4+ tune was 291/283.

I was a bit disappointed but they said their dyno reads low. I'm wondering if this is in line with what everyone else is making. The details of their dyno is below. I am not very familiar with AWD dynos but I know every type is different. Can any tech guys shed some light on this?

Dyno Dynamics AWD (2400 whp steady state) quad retarder loading dyno.

Link to video:

Does seem a bit low... but I don't put a lot into comparing different dyno numbers... I use dyno number just to track my progress... I usually follow up a dyno visit to with a track visit to and look at the number from the time slip....

The Dyno my Flex was on, is a DynoJet 424 with Linx. It doesn't have 4 rollers, but positions the car on the top of two wheels.

If you are running 110 with a 13.03, you must not be hooking up well at the start. What are your 60's? Does your SHO have the PP? A quarter mile top speed of 110 is PDG!

OK.. Now it appears you are running out of power at the top end.... 1.9 sec. 60' is great!

Did you look at Scrming's dyno sheet with his modified 4+ and 100% methanol spray thru Alky Control system he got from Livernois?

My dyno sheet using a different W/M system from Torrie, and with Torrie's tunes (Same Dyno model) were similar to Scrming's We both had considerably more power and lots more torque.

Also, Flex's weigh at least 400 lbs more and are certainly less Aero.... Our top speeds in 1/4 mi are around 105-107 mph. I of course have a disadvantage because I have a heavy Vista Roof, as well as the heavier, Trailer Tow option. And... I am much older... so I can't see or steer straight!

Yeah I have been following all the w/m installs and progress. You have quite an impressive flex. I am seriously considering that myself especially with the summer heat approaching. Only issue is my damn warranty. Kinda tough to hide that from ford. Had to use my warranty 3 times now. Just bought an extended one to 100k so still on the fence about the w/m.

• 2 years later...

Anyone know if the rollers have to all be connected on the AWD dyno for our SHO's? I found a AWD dyno at a Subaru tuning shop, but, the guy warned me that his rollers aren't connected and that it doesn't always work for some cars. He said it didn't work for the Jeep SRT8, Jag, and Porsche. 

I'm assuming it wouldn't work for the SHO, but, wanted to see if anyone had any further info on the dyno requirements. If not, since PTuning worked for jojomofo21, I might head to Manassas, Va.

Archived