Ecoboost Owner Forums

Ford Fusion Ecoboost oil recommendation.

I bought a '14 Ford Fusion SE with the 2.0 Ecoboost 3 weeks ago new and got a handful of year-end rebates. I previously owned a '09, '11 and a '12 Focus all bought new and ran Ford Motorcraft synthetic blend oil through them and they all ran well using the 5,000 mile oil change interval. My daily driving is mostly city / stop & go type driving with extended idling periods sometimes and was wondering if its worth stepping up to the full synthetic being this is a turbo motor? I was asking being I do the 5,000 mile oil change intervals at my Ford dealership and was wondering if 5,000 miles would be to long using a synthetic blend oil (Ford Motorcraft Oil.) on a turbo motor like the 2.0 Ecoboost I have versus running the full synthetic.

With that in mind I might take mine off when the weather gets warmer here in Central NY if they have a problem with the covers warping, not sure if thats an issue or not with the factory / stock engine covers warping when the weather gets warm combined with engine heat.