Ecoboost Owner Forums

I bought a 2010 Taurus SHO last March. I love the car and have only had to replace the BTU transmission seal so far. I was under my car the other day and noticed that the area under the LH turbo was wet. There are no drips coming from under the car as I run the car. I checked the air outlet hose from the turbo and there really isn't any oil in there either. There is no smoke coming from the exhaust and I don't smell oil when I drive. I have also been checking my oil level and it staying constant.

I have been doing some homework and a lot of people have talked about how there is a new design for the Oil Return line for that turbo. The only issue is that I am not experiencing any of the symptoms they have talked about. I have attached a ppost-1725-0-70141200-1458402173_thumb.pngicture of what the area looks like. Does that look normal for a turbo? The car also has 85,000 miles on it.

I can't tell where it is coming from but it is not normal.   It looks like it has been leaking for awhile and the heat is sort of baking it on.  I am surprised you don't smell it.  Hopefully, it is the oil line and not the turbo, itself, but I would want to dig into this further if I were you.

I can't tell where it is coming from but it is not normal.   It looks like it has been leaking for awhile and the heat is sort of baking it on.  I am surprised you don't smell it.  Hopefully, it is the oil line and not the turbo, itself, but I would want to dig into this further if I were you.

Yeah I think I am going to take it in and have it looked at. I am also surprised I am not smelling it either with how close the area is to the exhaust.  Here is something I found on the NHTSA. I think it is probably a bad seal on the Oil Return line.

post-1725-0-98021500-1458509757_thumb.png