Ecoboost Owner Forums

Livernois stage 1

Usmcsho

• 2 weeks later...

So i recently bought a 2016 Taurus SHO W/performance package. I have been thinking about doing the Livernois tune but i am a little worried about giving the drive-train more stress. I dont race the car but have fun now and then, Any advice on the tuner and a comparison between other companies.  

These cars are very tough.  Many of us have been tuned by Livernois for years and have ZERO issues.  Furthermore, many of us take our cars to the track on a regular basis and have experienced no issues.  My 2010 MKS has been tuned since 2012 and has about 60 or so quarter mile passes on it.  That is NOTHING compared to some of the folks.  

Maintenance is important whether tuned or not but I would recommend more frequent maintenance when tuned just for peace of mind.   I am talking about PTU lube and ATF changes around every 20,000 miles or so.   You will not be sorry if you get a Livernois tune.   

• 4 months later...

I have a 2016 Taurus SHO with performance package. I just picked up my Stage 1 Hurricane bundle from Livernois. Also bought upgraded spark plugs. Waiting to burn this half tank of 87 gas so I can fill up with 93. I know I should have been running 93 all along but now that is all I will be feeding it. Cannot wait to put the mods on and see what this baby can do!