Ecoboost Owner Forums

Alky Controls - Part 2

(OH CRAP... SHOULD BE PART 2!!! D'oah!!)

So spent the day at Livernois getting an updated tune for the methanol! Here are the dyno results!

Stock tune - 300 WHP / 307 WTQ

LMS Stage 4+ - 325 WHP / 360 WTQ

LMS Stage 4+ & Methanol - 359 WHP / 397 WTQ

So at the crank with the 4+ and methanol we are looking at about 450 HP and close to 500 ft/lbs!!! Now to hit the track!!

And the sheet:

4Plus_Methanol.jpg

BIG THANKS TO RICK AND DAN AT LMS!!!

Surprised it doesn't put out even more HP... Wondering why the EB Pickup has so much more HP & Torque? Is the Livernois EB F-150 only rear drive? Is our FWD Tranny AWD system that much more parasitic? Realize F-150 has bigger turbos & different cam system...

How does this dyno sheet compare to Darreli's?

Surprised it doesn't put out even more HP... Wondering why the EB Pickup has so much more HP & Torque? Is the Livernois EB F-150 only rear drive? Is our FWD Tranny AWD system that much more parasitic? Realize F-150 has bigger turbos & different cam system...

How does this dyno sheet compare to Darreli's?

Not sure how it compares to Darreli's... I believe that the F-150 uses different turbos, so the setup are not identical... Guessing the Flex tranny could have more loss... even it the F-150 were a 4x4 you would still dyno it in 2 wheel drive... or at least I imagine you would...

One thing I should point out... yesterday was a lot warmer and a lot more humid than it was for the "stock tune" and "Stage 4+" runs! I know the SAE correction is supposed to factor in all that and correct, but it's not perfect... Really just need to get some time slips now! LOL!

OMG! Tried out the new tune! Great Googly Moogly! The extra torque is crazy! Spot checking the data on the dashhawk it appears not a lot of extra boost but instead more boost comes on early and holds it longer. I will have to graph the data tonight. Also looks like the AFR is perfect. Great job LMS!

OMG! Tried out the new tune! Great Googly Moogly! The extra torque is crazy! Spot checking the data on the dashhawk it appears not a lot of extra boost but instead more boost comes on early and holds it longer. I will have to graph the data tonight. Also looks like the AFR is perfect. Great job LMS!

Sounds like the tune and Alky is doing its job -- time slips will prove for sure.......but now with all that torque are you concerned or worried about the (rest of the) drivetrain's possible weakness??????.

For me it probably wouldn't matter so much but for drag strip duty it might be a long term factor.

Any possible upgrades for the tranny that might insure some longevity?

Just a thought and probably something you've already thought of.

Kudos of course to LMS's team .. They sure know how to make HP and TQ!

I'm very happy with my 4+ but must be simply awesome with Alky and the corresponding tune. I guess that tune will be 4+A?

Sounds like a fun weekend for you. WOOOO HOOOOOO.......

Title changed as per request.

C.

I was talking with my oldest son about this data, and I mentioned the higher than normal temps. How hot was the shop inside? Those numbers are likely low, but can explain why you will likely be slower on a hot or humid day. Did you or Livernois track your boost numbers & AFR (Lambda) while on the dyno?

The F-150 definitely has a better setup based on Ford's stock torque numbers. Also, the estimate on the loss thru our AWD system is between 25% & 30%, though the tranny tune may possibly cut that a bit. Hadn't thought about the 4 wheel pickup being dyno'd in RWD... I guess because my Denali XL had AWD rather than an on-off system.

There is an identical dyno about 10 mi from me, in Bonita Springs area. May check it out next week and see what it costs for a few pulls. Temps and humidity will be even higher, even in the early AM. Been raining daily and in the mid-80s.

Sounds like the tune and Alky is doing its job -- time slips will prove for sure.......but now with all that torque are you concerned or worried about the (rest of the) drivetrain's possible weakness??????.

For me it probably wouldn't matter so much but for drag strip duty it might be a long term factor.

Any possible upgrades for the tranny that might insure some longevity?

Just a thought and probably something you've already thought of.

Kudos of course to LMS's team .. They sure know how to make HP and TQ!

I'm very happy with my 4+ but must be simply awesome with Alky and the corresponding tune. I guess that tune will be 4+A?

Sounds like a fun weekend for you. WOOOO HOOOOOO.......

Title changed as per request.

C.

Well, this will be a track only thing... there are no upgrades that I'm aware of... auto trannys tend to take a lot more abuse than manuals... and the fact I'm running street tires as opposed to sticky tires... I hope that all adds up to things being ok!!

I took Scott (MRT) for a test drive and put him behind the wheel! OMG! Wheels were complaining loudly as we took off from a full stop.. chirping the 1-2 shift... Scott was just shaking his head and giggling out loud, saying, "Oh, this is just stupid!" He was impressed!!! LOL

I was talking with my oldest son about this data, and I mentioned the higher than normal temps. How hot was the shop inside? Those numbers are likely low, but can explain why you will likely be slower on a hot or humid day. Did you or Livernois track your boost numbers & AFR (Lambda) while on the dyno?

The F-150 definitely has a better setup based on Ford's stock torque numbers. Also, the estimate on the loss thru our AWD system is between 25% & 30%, though the tranny tune may possibly cut that a bit. Hadn't thought about the 4 wheel pickup being dyno'd in RWD... I guess because my Denali XL had AWD rather than an on-off system.

There is an identical dyno about 10 mi from me, in Bonita Springs area. May check it out next week and see what it costs for a few pulls. Temps and humidity will be even higher, even in the early AM. Been raining daily and in the mid-80s.

Don't have the weather data in front of me... forgot them in the Flex which is down at MRT right now...

Yes, complete data logging! Nice big flat panel in the dyno room! I logged some data on my Dashhawk today... will have to look at it tomorrow.. yeah, that in the Flex too! LOL!

OMG! Tried out the new tune! Great Googly Moogly! Great job LMS!

I took Scott ( from MRT) for a test drive and put him behind the wheel! Scott was just shaking his head and giggling out loud' date=' saying, "Oh, this is just stupid!" He was impressed!!![/b']

I know right!?!?!?!

Like I said in your Alky Part 1 thread..... I simply cannot believe how much of an improvement this Meth Kit has made on my SHO.

I almost burned through an entire tank of gas yesterday just motoring around and smiling like a lil kid in a candy store.

The improvements are just astronomically insane!

Thanks to Alky Controls and LMS, oh hell and even fellow forums member Darrell for having the ingenuity and creativity to come up with such a truly wonderful performance enhancement to our EcoBoost engines!

I have quite literally fallen in love all over again with my SHO since having installed the Full Meth Injection Kit.

I know right!?!?!?!

Like I said in your Alky Part 1 thread..... I simply cannot believe how much of an improvement this Meth Kit has made on my SHO.

I almost burned through an entire tank of gas yesterday just motoring around and smiling like a lil kid in a candy store.

The improvements are just astronomically insane!

Thanks to Alky Controls and LMS, oh hell and even fellow forums member Darrell for having the ingenuity and creativity to come up with such a truly wonderful performance enhancement to our EcoBoost engines!

I have quite literally fallen in love all over again with my SHO since having installed the Full Meth Injection Kit.

Well, heading to MRT to pick the Flex up this morning... going to try stopping by the track... hopefully the rain holds off so I can get a couple of passes! (although the DA is going to suck today! LOL)

Ok.... Done at the track... The good, the bad, and the ugly...

The DA today for mid-March in Michigan was insane!!! I'm talking in the 1800 range! Compare this with negative DAs we had last Fall... My previous best was 13.41 with DA around

0. Today the best I could manage with the new meth tune was 13.29. So I was very disappointed! That's when I looked up the DA! Decided to try just the stage 4+ tune to see how it would compare.

So I made a pass... Turned a blistering 13.78! LOL! So yeah the DA was really slowing me down! And yes everyone was finding the same thing! So.... It does appear the methanol is good for a 1/2 second! I just need to find some GOOD AIR!!!!

I do have a new best ET so I will submit a timeslip for the fast list.

:violin:Excuses...Excuses...:violin::tea::yo:( Joshin you:RpS_tongue::RpS_tongue:) Now you know why I haven't been to the strip since early Jan... Too DAMN HOT and HUMID here to score a new best ET!

Checking out scheduling some Dyno time tomorrow. Place sells, repairs, restores exotic cars. Dyno time is fairly reasonable.

:violin:Excuses...Excuses...:violin::tea::yo:( Joshin you:RpS_tongue::RpS_tongue:) Now you know why I haven't been to the strip since early Jan... Too DAMN HOT and HUMID here to score a new best ET!

Checking out scheduling some Dyno time tomorrow. Place sells, repairs, restores exotic cars. Dyno time is fairly reasonable.

Looked up the DA for last year on this date... 275!!!

Looked up the DA for last year on this date... 275!!!

Interesting data and seems very important if one wants good times.

Scrming, where are you looking for that data?

Seems you did well considering the conditions, tho I'm not clear on which tune you should use????? The new '4+A' or just 4+?????

Conditions will hopefully improve....Don't forget this winter/spring has be extremely unusual this year and may be having an adverse effect on dragracing times.

G/L

Colin

Interesting data and seems very important if one wants good times.

Scrming, where are you looking for that data?

Seems you did well considering the conditions, tho I'm not clear on which tune you should use????? The new '4+A' or just 4+?????

Conditions will hopefully improve....Don't forget this winter/spring has be extremely unusual this year and may be having an adverse effect on dragracing times.

G/L

Colin

I use Drag Times to look up DAs... great site

Traction was also an issue for everyone there... it was Opening Day... and they were definitely having some big issue with track prep..

There is always next time!

I use Drag Times to look up DAs... great site

Traction was also an issue for everyone there... it was Opening Day... and they were definitely having some big issue with track prep..

There is always next time!

Thanks for the info on DA's. I'll have a look when I get some time.

I was going to ask how this would compare to E-Bob's brick in the same conditions but of course he has d-radial on his.

Have you any plans to go that route too or just stay with good street tires?

As you imply, good traction is a must for best times.

Please keep us apprised and best of luck.

C.

My best time of 12.904 was on my Conti DW's, not DR's. I had to de-tune that day due to traction issues. Believe Scrming said the DA was around 300 (elevation 900 FT) but I may be wrong. TC shut Flex down 9 of 12 runs due to traction spin issues.

I was using DR's when I got my 2 later 12 sec. runs (and the 13.006 when I beat the 2012 Vette GS stick on U-Tube). That day the DA was around 600 (elevation 30 FT) Temp 75 deg, and very few cars were running good. Again, I give credit to Scrming who found the U Tube video.....

My guess is our cars will be very close. If mine is faster, it is likely because of my tire size, which changes my axle ratio to a 3.40, and also leaves me at near max in 4th at the lights. If his is faster, Scrming has a BIG weight advantage due to my HEAVY VISTA ROOF.. Assume he has trailer package, which I have. But in reality... he is a better:cheer2::clap2: stripper:clap2::cheer2: than me!!!!

My best time of 12.904 was on my Conti DW's, not DR's. I had to de-tune that day due to traction issues. Believe Scrming said the DA was around 300 (elevation 900 FT) but I may be wrong. TC shut Flex down 9 of 12 runs due to traction spin issues.

I was using DR's when I got my 2 later 12 sec. runs (and the 13.006 when I beat the 2012 Vette GS stick on U-Tube). That day the DA was around 600 (elevation 30 FT) Temp 75 deg, and very few cars were running good. Again, I give credit to Scrming who found the U Tube video.....

My guess is our cars will be very close. If mine is faster, it is likely because of my tire size, which changes my axle ratio to a 3.40, and also leaves me at near max in 4th at the lights. If his is faster, Scrming has a BIG weight advantage due to my HEAVY VISTA ROOF.. Assume he has trailer package, which I have. But in reality... he is a better:cheer2::clap2: stripper:clap2::cheer2: than me!!!!

No way Bob -- you're the best stripper I know by far......:amen:

I wonder why your times didn't improve with the DR's? Do you need a little 'slippage'?

BTW, I'll bet that unfortunate 'vette owner would love another crack at ya -- you know he should have been mid to low 12's from the factory in ideal conditions don't you? :mod:

C.

Well, i do have the morbidly obese driver mod to make up for your Vista roof! Rick can testify I'm rather XXXL.... LOL!

Luckily the local track does stay open to the end of November, which means eventually I should be able to run with a negative DA!

I am a skinny 195... and my reaction times suck... My best RT's happen when I start to floor it when I see the first yellow light... I call it "Bold and OLD" RT planning!

DR's did help! Issue was the sunny 75 deg temp vs 50 deg or lower and nighttime. Not only was DA an issue, but track was causing some issues for lots of competitors. My best run was against a Mercedes C - AMG 6.3 which I beat by .3 when he was in the 13.2's. My other high 12, was against a Z06, who I was ahead of at the 1/8, but who beat me by 3 lengths @ 120+. He told me he bogged... The 2012 vette had driver issues, as his best run was against me. Z06 driver told me the 2012 Vette was in the 13's on earlier runs, likely due to spin. Not everyone had issues as in the run after mine, the 2008 LS3 Vette, turned aa 10.9. Talked to him at length during waits. He had a cam, head & intake work, catless headers, Jeremy Formato tuning, and could tweak the A/F on those tunes at the track, which he was doing. Had DR's and GTO spares as his front tires. Knew what he was doing and did it right!

I am a skinny 195... and my reaction times suck... My best RT's happen when I start to floor it when I see the first yellow light... I call it "Bold and OLD" RT planning!

DR's did help! Issue was the sunny 75 deg temp vs 50 deg or lower and nighttime. Not only was DA an issue, but track was causing some issues for lots of competitors. My best run was against a Mercedes C - AMG 6.3 which I beat by .3 when he was in the 13.2's. My other high 12, was against a Z06, who I was ahead of at the 1/8, but who beat me by 3 lengths @ 120+. He told me he bogged... The 2012 vette had driver issues, as his best run was against me. Z06 driver told me the 2012 Vette was in the 13's on earlier runs, likely due to spin. Not everyone had issues as in the run after mine, the 2008 LS3 Vette, turned aa 10.9. Talked to him at length during waits. He had a cam, head & intake work, catless headers, Jeremy Formato tuning, and could tweak the A/F on those tunes at the track, which he was doing. Had DR's and GTO spares as his front tires. Knew what he was doing and did it right!

of course reaction time (RT) doesn't figure into your ET... Now if you were just running heads up, first across the stripe then it comes into play... typical day, not like yesterday where I was learning a new tune, on a Sportsman's tree i'm usually .15x or less... with quite a few in the .0xx range...

Archived