Ecoboost Owner Forums

Alky Controls - Part 2

Actually did have .04 reaction time against the Mercedes AMG, and beat him by about 10 lengths because of it. I am still mostly going for good ET's. Down here I get some competitive runs. In IA, I am mostly against modded 130 mph stuff or pickups... so RT is only for personal satisfaction. Need practice...

One other thing... my previous best of 13.41 which was with good air and the DA was about 0, my trap speed was 102 MPH... so despite the 1800+ DA yesterday I was still able to set a new top trap speed of 105 (105.26)... so again, the Alky Controls and the new LMS tune deliver... just a matter of getting the weather and track to cooperate! LOL!

That was the biggest change I noted when I started spraying. I'm almost always in the 105-106 range' date=' no matter the ET. What were your 60 fts before and after?[/quote']

my 60' sucked yesterday... then again i think EVERYONE'S did!!! So I blame this one squarely on the track! Last fall I was able to pull 1.96 with the Stage 4+ but yesterday with the 4+ and NO methanol I was at 2.2! That's how bad things were! LOL! The 13.29 run had a 60' of 2.142.... And I'm not kidding everyone was spinning! Wild guess but I'm thinking they had moisture coming up through the asphalt... Ground was amazingly soggy...

JEEZ.... I am most always in the 1.9 to 2.0 range... Must be my smaller wheels or the Conti DW's. My best was a 1.918. If you can get those 60's down, you will have a good chance of high 12's. The spray doesn't seem to have made a big difference in the 60 foots as I got a 1.98 the first time I ever ran at the strip, when I got the 13.521 with Torrie's basic (stage 3) boosted tune. The DW's work great down to about 60, but when it gets colder, they lose their grip. Darrell had similar issues with them. That's why I got the DR's for the front. Likely wouldn't have needed them this winter here, where it has never been below 60 at the strip.

JEEZ.... I am most always in the 1.9 to 2.0 range... Must be my smaller wheels or the Conti DW's. My best was a 1.918. If you can get those 60's down' date=' you will have a good chance of high 12's. The spray doesn't seem to have made a big difference in the 60 foots as I got a 1.98 the first time I ever ran at the strip, when I got the 13.521 with Torrie's basic (stage 3) boosted tune. The DW's work great down to about 60, but when it gets colder, they lose their grip. Darrell had similar issues with them. That's why I got the DR's for the front. Likely wouldn't have needed them this winter here, where it has never been below 60 at the strip.[/quote']

Trust me... the track was SHIT... same track last Fall I was able to consistently pull 1.9 and 2.0 also.. The were constantly working on the staging area... and like I said friends there with DRs were doing nothing but spinning!

Some old slips... stock wheels and Goodyear RSAs...

Temp at time of run - 45 degrees!

Lapeer_10_30_11.jpg

Temp at time of run - 46 degrees!

MIR.jpg

If water is seeping up from under the asphalt, i don't care what tires you have you are NOT going to HOOK!

So the burnout area was in front of the tree instead of behind it!!!! Sounds like a plan....

The track at Bradenton is generally in much better shape than the one in IA, but that may be just for test & tune. They have some pretty big events at Cedar Falls Raceway... which is owned by the same people who own the track at Cordova, IL. The IA & IL tracks are much more strict on rules, than Bradenton.

So the burnout area was in front of the tree instead of behind it!!!! Sounds like a plan....

The track at Bradenton is generally in much better shape than the one in IA, but that may be just for test & tune. They have some pretty big events at Cedar Falls Raceway... which is owned by the same people who own the track at Cordova, IL. The IA & IL tracks are much more strict on rules, than Bradenton.

Let me try again.... The ground around the track is so saturated with water, that water actually seeps up from under the asphalt, through the little cracks which happen to be right were you end up staging... No matter how much they prep, the pavement is still wet!

Fun fact... the 0 to 60 MPH from 1/8 stats calculator put my 0-60 at 4.55 seconds! LOL

Seems all you need is a good track without the excess water on the starting line and your times will be much better , maybe even awesome.

On the street you'd feel the difference with the new meth setup and tune (IE in the seat of your pants dyno) -- I know it's not very scientific and doesn't have the numbers the track run does but you surely can tell there's a lot more there right?

C.

Seems all you need is a good track without the excess water on the starting line and your times will be much better , maybe even awesome.

On the street you'd feel the difference with the new meth setup and tune (IE in the seat of your pants dyno) -- I know it's not very scientific and doesn't have the numbers the track run does but you surely can tell there's a lot more there right?

C.

Yes, you can definitely feel the different on the street! The extra torque that you can see in the dyno sheet is very noticeable! It's amazing how strong the Flex now pulls!

Let me try again.... The ground around the track is so saturated with water' date=' that water actually seeps up from under the asphalt, through the little cracks which happen to be right were you end up staging... No matter how much they prep, the pavement is still wet![/quote']

I was kidding... I'm surprised they felt it was safe to run...

Maybe street legal stuff wouldn't go out of control, but anything really fast would.... Though a 4.55 0-60 means you were getting pretty good traction.

If you were having the kind of traction issues I had last fall, your Traction Management system would have shut your car down, like mine did 9 of 12 times. Darreli also has experienced this. Ask him about it... He and I have talked several times about how to deal with it. Ford has made sure it cannot be programmed out. Torrie & I have tried..... That's why I bought the DR's.

The temporary solution I found was to drive thru the water box and do a pre-tree burnout to clean my tires and hopefully heat them slightly. Know it is impossible to do a complete effective burnout with our system, but it helped on 2 of 3 late runs. I even quit power braking, and was spinning out with a shutdown at about 100 ft out. Takes about .3-.4 off ET, but hardly affected the MPH. At first I thought my AWD system was failing, but Ford engineer explained that the max torque the rear can handle is about 150lbs, before it slips sending the remaining torque to the front. So, if you have 400 lbs torque, 250 of that is going to front. If front can't maintain traction, and the rear is, too much variation and the system shuts down.

I have one of those.... but never have tried the 0-60.

Good time!

So.. how come you took off the big TAXI signage.... That was kick...ass!

Like the looks of everything you have done... looks very "put together".

Thanks!

Yep, the Flex came together nicely! I've learn a LOT from hanging out with Scott from MRT... Scott has a lot of SEMA design awards under his belt! Some of that has rubbed off on me... when I first met him I was just slapping random parts on my Mustang! Put a lot more thought into things now! LOL! BTW... went in to the dealership for an oil change.... first time I had been in there since the wheel, grill and roof... the comment i heard the most, "That is the most bad ass Flex I've ever seen!" LOL!

oh, and you should try the 0-60 in the dashhawk... seem to be pretty accurate... or at least very consistent!

Archived