• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#1 bpd1151

bpd1151

Administrator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:04 PM

Some of you know about this project of mine, that's been several months in the making.

For those of you that don't..... details will be forthcoming in this thread.

The SHO's being dropped off this Friday, and the long overdue installation, is finally commencing!

As I have grown to say over the years......

STAY TUNED!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
  • SHOdded and JaredC01 like this

th_BPD1-2_filtered.jpg

2010 SHO (#690 of 1,064) WORLD's HIGHEST Horsepower Ecoboost SHO!! 617AWHP 608AWTQ! Mod's here: http://www.hkmediach...!sponsored/cnos

#2 mjhpadi

mjhpadi

Super Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:44 PM

It should be great, can't wait to see it...and to hear it!

2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Stage 4+ Tune, Airaid CAI, MGP Caliper Covers, LED Interior Lights, Trunk, License Plate, Puddle Lamps, Front Marker Lights, Tinted Taillights & Headlights, Rearranged Trunk Badging, LED Driving Lights, Triton Switchback Running Lights

#3 bpd1151

bpd1151

Administrator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:07 PM

It should be great, can't wait to see it...and to hear it!

Well it should be both a visual, and auditory extravaganza in its own right(s).

Starting with the following:

Two 15" subs
Two 12" subs
One pair 6x9's
Two pairs of 5x7's
Two pairs of tweeters

Four, Class D, digital amps surpassing 3,300 watts of clean, raw power.

The latest, WiFi, and Bluetooth enabled Lockpick for streaming.

More LED lighting all throughout interior and exterior.

All custom fabricated and installed of course.

I spent all of 2016 saving and purchasing the components, and have been anxiously anticipating the installation date arriving.

I am excited to say the least.

• SHOdded and Gjkrisa like this

th_BPD1-2_filtered.jpg

2010 SHO (#690 of 1,064) WORLD's HIGHEST Horsepower Ecoboost SHO!! 617AWHP 608AWTQ! Mod's here: http://www.hkmediach...!sponsored/cnos

#4 SHOdded

SHOdded

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:41 AM

Quick, everyone hug bpd tight!  When he's excited, he's been known to XPLOD!

#5 mval

mval

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:42 PM

mike-can't wait to see end result. can't imagine that big & many subs. my 2 x 10" pale in comparison & as it is nobody will sit in back seat, so can't imagine your setup. but really looking forward to it.

'10 SHO, LME 4+ 93 tune, 160 tst, 3 bar map, MD Design CAI, Borla cat-back exhaust, 2 10inch Alpine E's W/ Alpine M500 amp, Custom Headrests, 35/20 tinting, EBC phase 4 slotted brakes w/MGP calipher covers, crash's pod w/evo gauges,vertini 20" custom wheels w/conti dws's, ppe catted dp's, hydrodipped engine bay

#6 bpd1151

bpd1151

Administrator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:13 PM

Just brought up all the components from the basement that I've been purchasing for the last 15mo.'s, and am preparing to chuck them all into the SHO's trunk shortly.......

20170112_210012_zpsu0omrlso.jpg

SHO's new home for the next 3-4 weeks will be here:

http://www.acshockwave.com/

More close up shots of the components I've purchased, located here:

http://s229.photobuc...O UPGRADE STUFF

I will update the above album, with progress pics, as the project unfolds.

Stay tuned ladies and gents!

• SHOdded likes this

th_BPD1-2_filtered.jpg

#7 Gjkrisa

Gjkrisa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:49 AM

Great stupid Photobucket ad telling me I have a virus uggg!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

#8 bamsho

bamsho

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:51 AM

He is worse than a kid at Christmas, HAHA! Glad the time is here, you've wait about a year to do this, plus least Shockwave doing the install, one less thing you have to worry about for the next 3-4 weeks. Def looking foward to Carlisle now. Oh should I contact CAT to see if they have a big enough portable generator for you to use. HEHE!!!
  • mval likes this

#9 mjhpadi

mjhpadi

Super Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:23 PM

Maybe the two Honda's won't make enough power for that monster!

2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Stage 4+ Tune, Airaid CAI, MGP Caliper Covers, LED Interior Lights, Trunk, License Plate, Puddle Lamps, Front Marker Lights, Tinted Taillights & Headlights, Rearranged Trunk Badging, LED Driving Lights, Triton Switchback Running Lights

#10 bpd1151

bpd1151

Administrator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:15 PM

Hahaha you clowns. I love it though.

SHO was dropped off this morning.

I could tell that the car did NOT appreciate having sat idle for a couple of months, as when I drove it to the shop, the oil change indicator, and the TPMS indicator, both illuminated on the drive over.

My eldest came to pick me up from the shop, and she was giving me just as much playful grief/commentary as you fools.

Lol. I can't escape it.

Anyhow, I spoke (at length) to both installers directly, and explained in finite detail, my expectations of this build.

One thing that was mentioned, was the likely need for a 2nd battery. So although nervous upon leaving, knowing my baby will be undergo major surgery/modification, I trust she is in great hands.

Both installers were smiling and seemed equally excited, envisioning this to be another aspect of my SHO, that should garner more attention, more awards, etc.

Finally, in the interest of not desiring to bother them (too much) by pestering them, I promised them (more importantly promised myself) to only stop by the shop, once per week.

As such, I simply requested if they could document the build, by capturing lots of "in progress" pictures. They acknowledged they would.

Edited by bpd1151, 13 January 2017 - 02:27 PM.

• SHOdded and Gjkrisa like this

th_BPD1-2_filtered.jpg

#11 mval

mval

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:40 AM

mike- can image it's going to take a lot of will power to not go see progress more than once a week. but alteast you have it in the good hands.

'10 SHO, LME 4+ 93 tune, 160 tst, 3 bar map, MD Design CAI, Borla cat-back exhaust, 2 10inch Alpine E's W/ Alpine M500 amp, Custom Headrests, 35/20 tinting, EBC phase 4 slotted brakes w/MGP calipher covers, crash's pod w/evo gauges,vertini 20" custom wheels w/conti dws's, ppe catted dp's, hydrodipped engine bay

#12 stealbluesho

stealbluesho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:04 AM

I don't even want to see the installation bill just for the dynamat to keep everything from rattling....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • SHOdded likes this

#13 bpd1151

bpd1151

Administrator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:57 AM

@ mval.....

It will be a test of mental fortitude to remain steadfast to my self imposed guidelines, but I'm confident I can/will achieve that bar.

It helps having this Winter being the 1st Winter in which I have not driven her. Having her housed comfortably in the garage the last couple of months, has, in an odd way, made me comfortable in not "having her" if that makes any sense.

@stealblue.....

I'm a lil apprehensive as well, since the bill is, for all inclusive purposes, left "open ended" at this juncture.

But just as comfortable as I am with this vendor, I am equally as comfortable in saying they also won't stick that (pending) install bill way North of my most Southern orifice.

Lol.

• SHOdded, Gjkrisa and stealbluesho like this

th_BPD1-2_filtered.jpg

#14 bpd1151

bpd1151

Administrator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:53 PM

1 week update......

Ha! Well..... no updates(s) to provide.

Shop has 2 other cars in front of mine, and they essentially have done ZERO as of this posting.

Which is fine by me.

Edited by bpd1151, 21 January 2017 - 10:54 PM.

• SHOdded likes this

th_BPD1-2_filtered.jpg

#15 mjhpadi

mjhpadi

Super Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:24 PM

How well I know the feeling of not having any updates for an extended period of time....just having a call even if it is to say we haven't gotten started yet would provide peace of mine.  Hopefully this won't turn out like my gauge install which ended up being close to 2 months....

#16 bpd1151

bpd1151

Administrator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:14 PM

I'm really not worried about it. I know they were (still are) working on two other cars that are in front of mine.

I'm in no rush whatsoever. I presumed it would be 4-6 weeks. It could go quicker, or longer. I'm not pressuring them at all.

I will hold true to my self imposed, one check-in per week.

Great craftsmanship is akin to an artist painting his/her masterpiece. So I remain patient.

Edited by bpd1151, 22 January 2017 - 03:15 PM.

th_BPD1-2_filtered.jpg

#17 mjhpadi

mjhpadi

Super Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:26 PM

At least you have a fairly long time frame in mind from the start...I guess that's what was so upsetting with my gauges...a 3 day install got really long, just wish the installer would have kept me better informed. Can't wait to see the finished install, just know it will awesome!

#18 mval

mval

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:20 AM

mike- i agree with you on the wait. like i told the guys who did the dip in my engine, once we settled on design & $$, i told them time was not an issue what was the issue was for them to take the time to do it as perfect as they could. so it took about 3-4 weeks as i remember but was done right. so good luck, would love to hear it once it's done.

#19 bpd1151

bpd1151

Administrator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:01 PM

Update ----- Week #2.

Still no progress.

I called and spoke with owner of the shop, and he said the installer's are angling to finish the 2 cars they're working on currently, for a show occurring tomorrow.

Said they'll have "something for me to look at, by this time, next week". Said they plan on beginning mine on Monday or Tuesday.

Owner's also trying to convince me into another mod that truthfully.... I have/had never even considered previously, and my initial thoughts were/are a vehement "no way". But now the idea's growing on me.

Told him I'd have to see in person, after he sent me a shitty cell phone pic. Time will tell as I mull it over (& over) in my brain.

Meanwhile, they have a Hummer in their shop currently, that is being outfitted with a massive build of its' own, the highlight being two (2) 21"..... yes 21" !!!!! Subwoofers! Holy bejesus.

Installing all sorts of other stuff as well, including 3 addt'l car batteries, bigger alternator, etc. I couldn't. Even. Imagine.

Edited by bpd1151, 27 January 2017 - 05:04 PM.

• SHOdded and BoostedSho01 like this

th_BPD1-2_filtered.jpg

#20 mjhpadi

mjhpadi

Super Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:25 AM

Again, I know the "no progress" to report feeling....I am on the fence with the other suggested mod....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users