Ecoboost Owner Forums

New to site

bwatson19

Hello all. New to the site with some issue with my 2012 F150 that someone might be able to help me with. I have the eco boost with 75K on the it. About a week ago started having a intermittent no start/no crank condition. Spent 23 years in the USAF as a mechanic so I have a extensive amount of diagnostic tools and checked all the usual subjects. Had it running today and noticed a shutter in the engine and the low oil pressure light /service advance trac light came on. Tested and I still have oil pressure when this happens. Probably a ECM problem but taking a leap and seeing if anyone else has seen or heard of this problem and might be able to give me a route to fix it myself. Have a extended warranty but my dealer in San Antonio really sucks. Thanks for any help.

I also welcome you and apologize that I can't really provide you with assistance and what you are experiencing. I do know what it's like to have a dealer you don't want to bring the car to though. I feel for you. I finally found a dealer that is mediocre, which I will take!

Common to have cam phaser/timing issues with this gen. Also stretched timing chain. Any rattles on startup/extended rattles? Also might want to check the MAP sensors and Throttle body for oil pooling/contamination. No codes in the PCM?

Yes, you should always return to stock tune and 2 bar MAP when taking your car in to the dealer for service!!!

SHOdded,

No codes present. After checking the starting and charging system i pulled the throttle body and cleaned it and tested the MAP sensors and all was good, The only thing happening at at start up was a slight rough idle but it cleared up after 30 seconds or so. Before I took it to the dealer I started having a new problem. After 2-3 minutes at idle there was a shutter in the engine and the oil gauge went to 0. The low oil pressure message and advancetrac light came on as well. Thinking about it now it might be a timing chain issue. I have a extended warranty on it so took it to the dealer, Hopefully it will be covered. Should know when I finally get a call in a couple of weeks. My dealers service dept has a lot to be desired. Thanks for the reply and I will let you know what they find.