• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bwatson19

bwatson19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:11 AM

Hello all. New to the site with some issue with my 2012 F150 that someone might be able to help me with. I have the eco boost with 75K on the it. About a week ago started having a intermittent no start/no crank condition. Spent 23 years in the USAF as a mechanic so I have a extensive amount of diagnostic tools and checked all the usual subjects. Had it running today and noticed a shutter in the engine and the low oil pressure light /service advance trac light came on. Tested and I still have oil pressure when this happens. Probably a ECM problem but taking a leap and seeing if anyone else has seen or heard of this problem and might be able to give me a route to fix it myself. Have a extended warranty but my dealer in San Antonio really sucks. Thanks for any help.

#2 mjhpadi

mjhpadi

Super Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:17 AM

Thanks for joining! Sorry, but I haven't heard of this problem before, so I can't be of much help in pointing you in the right direction.  Hopefully you have a Ford dealer that you can trust to help you find the problem and the solution. 

2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Stage 4+ Tune, Airaid CAI, MGP Caliper Covers, LED Interior Lights, Trunk, License Plate, Puddle Lamps, Front Marker Lights, Tinted Taillights & Headlights, Rearranged Trunk Badging, LED Driving Lights, Triton Switchback Running Lights

#3 tss

tss

• Members
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:42 AM

I also welcome you and apologize that I can't really provide you with assistance and what you are experiencing. I do know what it's like to have a dealer you don't want to bring the car to though. I feel for you. I finally found a dealer that is mediocre, which I will take!

2010 Steel Blue Lincoln MKS Ecoboost, LMS 4X 3-Bar,  20" Stock Permachromes, custom Body color matched front grill, debadged, tinted headlights and windows

2010 Diamond White Buick Enclave CXL 

2014 Summit White Impala LTZ Limited 

"Trying Times Are Not A Good Time To Quit Trying".

#4 bwatson19

bwatson19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:21 AM

All,  Thanks for the welcome. Tinkered around a little more today with no luck. Thinking its a ECM issue. Going to the dealer today and I will let you know the outcome.

#5 mjhpadi

mjhpadi

Super Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:52 AM

Very interested in what you find out. Hopefully the dealer will find and fix the problem! Good luck!

2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Stage 4+ Tune, Airaid CAI, MGP Caliper Covers, LED Interior Lights, Trunk, License Plate, Puddle Lamps, Front Marker Lights, Tinted Taillights & Headlights, Rearranged Trunk Badging, LED Driving Lights, Triton Switchback Running Lights

#6 SHOdded

SHOdded

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:25 PM

Common to have cam phaser/timing issues with this gen. Also stretched timing chain. Any rattles on startup/extended rattles? Also might want to check the MAP sensors and Throttle body for oil pooling/contamination. No codes in the PCM?

Yes, you should always return to stock tune and 2 bar MAP when taking your car in to the dealer for service!!!

#7 bwatson19

bwatson19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:11 PM

SHOdded,

No codes present. After checking the starting and charging system i pulled the throttle body and cleaned it and tested the MAP sensors and all was good, The only thing happening at at start up was a slight rough idle but it cleared up after 30 seconds or so. Before I took it to the dealer I started having a new problem. After 2-3 minutes at idle there was a shutter in the engine and the oil gauge went to 0. The low oil pressure message and advancetrac light came on as well. Thinking about it now it might be a timing chain issue. I have a extended warranty on it so took it to the dealer, Hopefully it will be covered. Should know when I finally get a call in a couple of weeks. My dealers service dept has a lot to be desired. Thanks for the reply and I will let you know what they find.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users