Ecoboost Owner Forums

about to purchase my 2nd SHO!

So since 2010, i've been drooling over the new version of the SHO since I had my original SHO, which was a very, very unreliable 1989 Sho that was very fun when it was on the road, but always in the shop way  more than on the road. I finally found a 2010 SHO that I can afford and already drove it and the thing was a beast! I was super impressed with everything about it! The only thing that needs to be fixed eventually is a check engine light. It definitely didn't' affect drive ability, because the car drove amazing! I read the codes and they were P0112, p0420 and P0111, which I read was probably a bad 02 sensor and/or IAT sensor. Does anyone know which one it could be and the price of it to get fixed? I got a crazy discount on this car because of those codes and did notice that it either has an aftermarket exhaust system or a hole in the muffler, because it had a very Honda-eque sound to it, which I was looking on youtube on stock SHO's and you can barely hear the exhaust, so i'm guessing that's the case.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

If the car is at a Ford dealer, have them look at the codes and tell you exactly what they mean.  It will make correcting them much easier. 

it's a used car dealership, small one and I already researched the codes from Ford and that's what it said. Faulty IAT sensor and/or O2 Sensor/exhaust hole

02 sensors are known to go on these cars with some degree of regularity.

I'd start with that/those 1st.

I haven't heard of any IAT sensors going bad, so that's a rare bird. But anything's possible.

After market exhaust prices have come down since their introduction, so if your ricer-esque exhaust note is displeasing, search around for a new set up. Plenty of vendors out there to select from.

Finally, be sure to swap any/all fluids, and verify your oil supply/return lines to your turbos aren't leaking. Gaskets in those model years went through like 4 revisions from mother Ford before they got it right.

Finally, enjoy and congrats!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

02 sensors are known to go on these cars with some degree of regularity.

I'd start with that/those 1st.

I haven't heard of any IAT sensors going bad, so that's a rare bird. But anything's possible.

After market exhaust prices have come down since their introduction, so if your ricer-esque exhaust note is displeasing, search around for a new set up. Plenty of vendors out there to select from.

Finally, be sure to swap any/all fluids, and verify your oil supply/return lines to your turbos aren't leaking. Gaskets in those model years went through like 4 revisions from mother Ford before they got it right.

Finally, enjoy and congrats!

great thanks for the advice, Do u know how much the 02 sensors cost?

I'd have to rummage through my receipts folder, as I've had both of my front 02 sensors replaced.

But a great place to start, would be Tascaparts.com

I just did a check there, and looks like they're about $100 a piece.

I'd have to rummage through my receipts folder, as I've had both of my front 02 sensors replaced.

But a great place to start, would be Tascaparts.com

I just did a check there, and looks like they're about $100 a piece.

Great, thanks!