5 replies to this topic

#1 sho89mtx

sho89mtx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:11 PM

I tried to take a picture of the bottom of my car to show u guys my exhaust. I don't know anything about exhaust systems, but I don't think it's stock and I don't see the mufflers, unless they are weirdly shaped. What do you guys think?
 http://s1066.photobu...ary/sho exhaust

sigpic8732_2.gif
2010 SHO. Custom exhaust w/3rd cat removed, Colder Plugs, drop in K&N, 3 bar, 160 tstat and 91* Unleashed tune, chrome delete, 15% tint

#2 mval

mval

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:22 AM

don't look like stock to me either & for sure not cback. a lot of different types used. on cbacks mainly corsa or a clone. i have 1 of 4 that i know of borla. love the deep sound compared to corsa. was in summits book so borla made it special for a few of us. sounds good but no way you can make a 6 sound like an 8 without drone.

'10 SHO, LME 4+ 93 tune, 160 tst, 3 bar map, MD Design CAI, Borla cat-back exhaust, 2 10inch Alpine E's W/ Alpine M500 amp, Custom Headrests, 35/20 tinting, EBC phase 4 slotted brakes w/MGP calipher covers, crash's pod w/evo gauges,vertini 20" custom wheels w/conti dws's, ppe catted dp's, hydrodipped engine bay

#3 sho89mtx

sho89mtx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:34 AM

don't look like stock to me either & for sure not cback. a lot of different types used. on cbacks mainly corsa or a clone. i have 1 of 4 that i know of borla. love the deep sound compared to corsa. was in summits book so borla made it special for a few of us. sounds good but no way you can make a 6 sound like an 8 without drone.

the pictures are awful because they were under my car with my cell phone in my driveway. When I take my car to the shop tommorow for new plugs and an oil change, i'm gonna have them take some better pics of the exhaust system so I can tell Torrie@unleashedtuning the exact  exhaust system I have. I have owned and driven a bunch of cars and to me it sounds like a stock Acura TL or BMW 335I right now. Has a little bit of an import sound, but not like a fartpipe sound and not droning. Definately still sounds like a V6 and with my Blow off valve making those amazing sounds every second, i really like the sound of it. Just want to know what exactly it is done to it, if I have hi-flow cats, cats removed etc so I can tell the tuner.

sigpic8732_2.gif
2010 SHO. Custom exhaust w/3rd cat removed, Colder Plugs, drop in K&N, 3 bar, 160 tstat and 91* Unleashed tune, chrome delete, 15% tint

#4 sho89mtx

sho89mtx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:22 PM

I found out I have custom exhaust with the 3rd cat replaced with straight pipes

sigpic8732_2.gif

#5 Bosscav

Bosscav

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:42 PM

Those look like glasspack mufflers... I wonder if someone didnt mistakenly put them on the SHO thinking it would sound like his V8 when it has glasspacks on it... hmmm

2013 Ford Taurus SHO PP
Fully loaded, Tuxedo Black Metallic, purchased 5/13/2016

RrZG7n0.jpg

#6 sho89mtx

sho89mtx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:46 PM

Those look like glasspack mufflers... I wonder if someone didnt mistakenly put them on the SHO thinking it would sound like his V8 when it has glasspacks on it... hmmm

I think the guy said they were Billet mufflers and definately has more of a 335I or Acura TL sound to it now. Not too loud, but a little louder than stock and sounds good when u get on it

sigpic8732_2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users