Ecoboost Owner Forums

more plasti-dipping fun

Doesn't look half bad.

But i'll be honest, never have been a fan of Plasti-dip. It's a cheap path to an appearance mod. Plain & simple.

Don't expect long term durability, regardless of what you may have heard/read.

Now mind you, it's good for temporary work, & to help one decide on color themes/combos without investing a lot of coin.

My suggestion? If you like the look/end result, then treat your limited production, $40k+ techno sled properly, & get it painted professionally.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Doesn't look half bad.

But i'll be honest, never have been a fan of Plasti-dip. It's a cheap path to an appearance mod. Plain & simple.

Don't expect long term durability, regardless of what you may have heard/read.

Now mind you, it's good for temporary work, & to help one decide on color themes/combos without investing a lot of coin.

My suggestion? If you like the look/end result, then treat your limited production, $40k+ techno sled properly, & get it painted professionally.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

agreed, but i'm sure I got a the Cheapest deal on my SHO than anyone in here, that's why they were always out of my budget. Can't afford a quality paint job and plasti-dip has lasted me years if done right on other cars

I kinda have to agreed with BPD, when I was looking for a solution to the peeling tails, I tried Plastidip and was very disappointed with the results and it didn't hold to the tail lights.  However, that being said, your use of it looks good on the car!

thanks, the side emblems, front grille and chrome edging around the tailights look very good, not too happy about the chrome piece on the trunk, might try chrome-delete tape, heard that works good, if that works good, gonna use that on the chrome around the windows too

not a fan either, but if your good at it which you look like you are then fine. the real area that i don't like is dipped wheels. even the best have bad spots in a couple months. have tried tape some, if in a straight line, ok, if not you better be good or the stuff i've seen done, doesn't look all that good.

not a fan either, but if your good at it which you look like you are then fine. the real area that i don't like is dipped wheels. even the best have bad spots in a couple months.

that's weird, because I had a crappy condition 2002 Mustang GT that I covered up a lot of crappy paint with plasti-dip and literally the best parts that came out almost flawlessly were the wheels, but yeah I guess to each their own and plasti-dip is kind of newer generation thing. When I did this in my driveway, my neighbor came over and told me that I did a good job at painting my parts and explained that it's plasti-dip and can easily be peeled off if I don't like it and his mind was blown, he knew nothing about it =)