• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 markssho

markssho

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:51 AM

Just thought I would share a link from another site. Since yesterday's news of NHTSA investigating cracked manifolds as the possible culprit of the carbon monoxide issue, this thread is being linked from several forums and news outlets.

https://www.fordtaur...=120687#p120687

Anyone seen this issue with the stamped manifolds, in the transverse version of the engine, rusting and breaking down?

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk
2010 SHO, Cinnamon, black/black seats, 402B, 20", Nav, ACC, Massage Seats, all weather floor mats, cargo org

#2 mjhpadi

mjhpadi

Super Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:02 AM

Interesting, but I haven't heard of anyone having this problem.  Just wondering if it has shown up in the truck because of the younger buyers and some of the newer tunes cranking things much further and running higher pressures than may be really safe and practical in the trucks?

2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Stage 4+ Tune, Airaid CAI, MGP Caliper Covers, LED Interior Lights, Trunk, License Plate, Puddle Lamps, Front Marker Lights, Tinted Taillights & Headlights, Rearranged Trunk Badging, LED Driving Lights, Triton Switchback Running Lights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users