New personal best with the Continental

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 brucelinc

brucelinc

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:02 AM

I ran the Continental at Brainerd Raceway last night and it ran well.   I hadn't planned on running so the car was full of fuel adding unnecessary weight.  It still delivered a good result....so dang close to the 12.7 range!  I have bad wheel hop if I launch over about 1400 RPM.   The video demonstrates that.  It is a race against car 403 - a Mustang GT with intake and exhaust.  My best run was launching around 1200-1400 RPM.  

https://youtu.be/vKhOQN_dHY0

Dang it!  I don't understand why I can no longer attach a timeslip!   It is a very small file!!  Anyway, I ran 12.804 @ 107.93.

• tss, SHOdded and mval like this

#2 bamsho

bamsho

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:17 AM

Awesome job Bruce. That is one hit rod Lincoln.
  • brucelinc likes this

#3 mval

mval

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:57 PM

bruce:

they got to start sweating like crazy in the other lane when you pull up. losing to a sho is one thing losing to a lincoln is a whole new level as most people don't have a clue in '10 lincoln was basically just a jazzed up sho.

• tss and brucelinc like this

'10 SHO, LME 4+ 93 tune, 160 tst, 3 bar map, MD Design CAI, Borla cat-back exhaust, 2 10inch Alpine E's W/ Alpine M500 amp, Custom Headrests, 35/20 tinting, EBC phase 4 slotted brakes w/MGP calipher covers, crash's pod w/evo gauges,vertini 20" custom wheels w/conti dws's, ppe catted dp's, hydrodipped engine bay

#4 bpd1151

bpd1151

Administrator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:13 PM

Simply awesome sauce!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
  • brucelinc likes this

th_BPD1-2_filtered.jpg

2010 SHO (#690 of 1,064) WORLD's HIGHEST Horsepower Ecoboost SHO!! 617AWHP 608AWTQ! Mod's here: http://www.hkmediach...!sponsored/cnos

#5 brucelinc

brucelinc

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:03 AM

Typically, newer V8 Camaros give me all the competition my car can handle.  However, the driver of this one either took a little nap at the starting line, killed the engine or decided to run to the concession stand for a snack after we staged.  By the way, this was launching from basically an idle to avoid wheel hop.  The 3.39 gear still gets it moving pretty good.  This was my quickest run - 12.80 @ 107.9.

https://youtu.be/DHUMJqOtBvc

• tss likes this

#6 tss

tss

• Members
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:37 PM

Awesome!

2010 Steel Blue Lincoln MKS Ecoboost, LMS 4X 3-Bar,  20" Stock Permachromes, custom Body color matched front grill, debadged, tinted headlights and windows

2010 Diamond White Buick Enclave CXL 

2014 Summit White Impala LTZ Limited 

"Trying Times Are Not A Good Time To Quit Trying".

#7 mjhpadi

mjhpadi

Super Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:53 PM

Very cool.  Sounds like the Continental has a little pep in it's step!

• brucelinc likes this

2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Stage 4+ Tune, Airaid CAI, MGP Caliper Covers, LED Interior Lights, Trunk, License Plate, Puddle Lamps, Front Marker Lights, Tinted Taillights & Headlights, Rearranged Trunk Badging, LED Driving Lights, Triton Switchback Running Lights

#8 brucelinc

brucelinc

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:31 PM

Very cool.  Sounds like the Continental has a little pep in it's step!

Based on comparisons of timeslips, it now is a bit quicker than my MKS was with the Livernois 4+X tune when comparing runs in similar DA.  The MKS ran a bit quicker on a couple of occasions but the conditions were more favorable than any run that I have had with the Continental.   The MKS launched better with no wheel hop and no drama.  I would also say the MKS transmission shifted a bit quicker and firmer.  However, the engine of the Continental is making more power.  It also has the benefit of  a 3.39 gear compared to 2.77 in the MKS so it will launch more quickly from just an idle.   

• tss likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users