Ecoboost Owner Forums

jukebox/ hard drive

I tried to find a way, but could not and ended up doing it the long way when I got my MKS. Instead of each song though, I think you can clear albums or artists one at a time as well - which at least is a tiny bit faster.

Good point. That is true. BUT.....my problem was I had already programmed a bunch of other stuff/preferences and BT synched my phone and decided it was easier to just erase "the long way" that point. I suppose if I had a TON of the prior owners songs on there, I may have decided to do just that anyway.

Will "restoring to factory settings" though just reset all of the settings themselves and NOT necessarily affect and/or erase stored content?

Admittedly, I don't use the hard drive all that much, as i'm old school and still just use the cd's. I have begun using an mp3 player on occasion however.

But hell, I still have cassettes and a tape deck at home. Yikes! :der:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I think when you select it, there is a warning that comes up that indicates erasure will occur and BT phones will be un-paired if you continue. I cannot guarranty that though.....but that is my recollection on why I did not do it.

Thanks for all the replies. Just so you know I did reset the system. It unpaired my phone and restored things to stock settings, however it did not clear either the jukebox or the radio memory. I spent a couple hours last night and manually deleted everything so I'm good to go now.

I did reset the system.

It unpaired my phone and restored things to stock settings.

However, it DID NOT clear either the jukebox or the radio memory.

Damn, well that sucks you had to do it all manually.

I kind of figured just performing a simple reset would've only affected the settings themselves, and NOT any of the stored content.

Weird. But thanks for the follow-up :thumb:

• 9 months later...

Did the original owner set up playlists and/or albums with multiple songs in each? I am pretty sure you can delete those. I don't know a way to clear the entire jukebox in one operation but you shouldn't have to do it one song at a time - if the songs are in playlists/albums.

When you "edit" the playlist, there is a "delete" button on the touchscreen if I recall correctly. I have my music arranged in playlists - maybe 300 songs but only about 20 playlists. 20 "deletes" should clear it out. If the songs are just in the jukebox shelter-skelter and not organized into playlists/albums, you might have to delete them individually. Not sure why anyone would have added songs that way....

• 2 months later...

Question on the hard drive....i just purchased a 2011 SHO with the upgraded Sony system, and have heard that is does have the hard drive for storage, and others say no it doesnt exist ???

obviously based on this thread it does exist, so how do i go about loading songs onto it ? I had an 08' CTS and it was easy...either pop in a CD or jump drive and press record ?

I loved that option and i hope the Sony system has the same.

thanks for any feedback i can get.

Just a note, it takes a while for the cds to download, so don't start doing it if you are driving and need to be leaving the car soon. Also, if you are downloading, switch the HU to radio after downloading begins, because I was told if you are listening to what is being downloaded, it takes even longer.

Archived