Ecoboost Owner Forums

Big fuel tank

I had an 09 f150 with the 4.6. It was ok but my favourite feature was the huge 137litre gas tank. Now I have an 11 f150 Ecoboost which has the standard 90 liter tank. I miss the big tank. I asked the dealer how much $ to change it because the new trucks now offer that option and he said around $4000.00. Obviously I don't like it that much. Anyone know if this can be done much cheaper? Like a Titan tank or Something?

I had an 09 f150 with the 4.6. It was ok but my favourite feature was the huge 137litre gas tank. Now I have an 11 f150 Ecoboost which has the standard 90 liter tank. I miss the big tank. I asked the dealer how much $ to change it because the new trucks now offer that option and he said around $4000.00. Obviously I don't like it that much. Anyone know if this can be done much cheaper? Like a Titan tank or Something?

I have a couple 7 gallon plastic gas cans, that I'll sell you for a pittance! Even send them full of 93!!! (UPS hazard surcharge!).:RpS_w00t:

Really? Liters? Next time you should include the conversion factor for those of us not sophisticated enough to use the metric system.

Glad I could be of service to all the frustrated imperial comedians out there:). I laughed, but back to the issue. Let's start over. In a more simplified environment for you Americans.

I have a small tank and want a bigger one. I dont want to spend $4000.00 (US dollars) for the bigger tank.

Anyone have any legit information?

I eagerly await the clever retorts.

Glad I could be of service to all the frustrated imperial comedians out there. I laughed, but back to the issue.

Let's start over. In a more simplified environment for you Americans.

Now IDK know bout y'all.....

But not only do I NOT take offense to this, but.....

I also think ER's replies to the comments posted thus far are pretty damn funny! :RpS_lol:

Thanks for the laugh EvanRyan :yo:

......and for the record, I'm sure there's a way to accomplish your desired goals w/o the expenses you stated.

It would involved customizing your own tank I'd imagine, but I'm sure it can be done.

While you're anxiously awaiting the remaining smart ass replies from others, do a lil digging / research of your own and perhaps that will inspire some ideas within you!

I have found that you can make your existing tank larger by pressurizing it to about 200PSI... Usually adds about 10% to the capacity....

For instant increase in volume... an M-80 or Cherry Bomb carefully dropped down the filler neck also works... but can sometimes "Over Achieve".... if you know what I mean.

Glad I could be of service to all the frustrated imperial comedians out there:). I laughed, but back to the issue. Let's start over. In a more simplified environment for you Americans.

I have a small tank and want a bigger one. I dont want to spend $4000.00 (US dollars) for the bigger tank.

Anyone have any legit information?

Thank you for the revised post. LOL. God Save the Queen.

• 4 weeks later...
$4,000 is a little hefty. You'd be better off using one of these systems.

http://www.transferflow.com/crossthebedtanks_0.html

You can do the "TRAX II" system which includes either a 36,50,75, or 98 gallon tank (long bed only). It comes with a inline pump and computer hardware. Seems like a nice deal for $1250.

Thanks for the site. Not sure I'd go that route with my short box but I haven't fully explored the site yet so might be something there.

These big tanks are pricy. I remember replacing the fuel tank on an old used truck I. Had and the new one was $149.00. I don't get how the big ones are so pricy.

I guess I'll likely just fill up more often.

Archived