Ecoboost Owner Forums

New Exhaust!

Ok... so it might not be a real performance mod... but it does give the Flex a more performance sound... hmmm... Flex Performance... is that like an oxymoron? LOL! Ok... sorry about that... Anyways, found the Flex to quiet for my liking... and was going through some serious modding withdrawals... So I headed down to MRT and have Scott fix my "too quiet" problem....

We ended up taking one of MRT's Interceptor axle-back systems and fabbing it up for the Flex... IMHO turned out GREAT! Took some before and after video....

[video=youtube;TmhfomjQsAI]

Thanks!!!!

Yeah, we were looking at the rest of the exhaust, but decide to just keep it a simple axle back.... Was surprised how much the sound improved with just changing the rear mufflers, considering all the crap upstream!

Please keep us in the loop. I'm seriously just considering buying the x portion, flanges, and some other stuff and taking it to my local exhaust guys to piece together for me. LOL!

I want to be patient, but then I hear yours and I can't wait to get that more performance style tone to this thing.

Please keep us in the loop. I'm seriously just considering buying the x portion, flanges, and some other stuff and taking it to my local exhaust guys to piece together for me. LOL!

I want to be patient, but then I hear yours and I can't wait to get that more performance style tone to this thing.

Will do! (filler)

1st, phenominal improvement in the overall exhaust note!

2nd, just to stir the pot a lil bit, I'm almost betting this sounds as good, or even better than EBB's.... :spy:

3rd, I couldn't help but notice how your exhaust seemed to get "excited" or "aroused" between like 2:22 through 2:33....

Everytime time you romped on it, the exhaust tip expanded outwards :RpS_ohmy:

2nd, just to stir the pot a lil bit, I'm almost betting this sounds as good, or even better than EBB's.... :spy:

3rd, I couldn't help but notice how your exhaust seemed to get "excited" or "aroused" between like 2:22 through 2:33....

Thanks! Really pleased the way it turned out!

As for the tip... Noticed that on the stock runs... it's actually do to the motor torquing over! Must have some really soft motor mounts! Even Scott was surprised by how much the exhaust system moves!

Sounds good' date=' how loud is it inside?[/quote']

Thanks! Well, considering you couldn't even hear the exhaust when it was stock.. well, compared to that it's fairly loud... However it's a nice performance sound, not overly obnoxious... cruising along you can now hear the exhaust, but that was with the radio off and no kids in the car! LOL! True test will be when the Mrs. drives it to work on Monday! LOL

Ok... the Mrs. drives about 90 minutes round trip to commute to/from work. It's a mix of city and highway. Of course the new exhaust is louder in the city stop and go vs the 70 MPH cruise...So we went out tonight and took the Flex, with her driving... pull out on the street and start driving away.. and I get her review:

Mrs.: I don't like the new exhaust

Me: Why? Is it too loud?

Mrs: No, it's not really to loud. It's just that now I can hear the exhaust. I couldn't hear it before.

Me: Does it bother you?

Mrs: No, i just turned up the radio...

So, needless to say the new exhaust is staying! LOL!

Ok... the Mrs. drives about 90 minutes round trip to commute to/from work. It's a mix of city and highway. Of course the new exhaust is louder in the city stop and go vs the 70 MPH cruise...So we went out tonight and took the Flex, with her driving... pull out on the street and start driving away.. and I get her review:

Mrs.: I don't like the new exhaust

Me: Why? Is it too loud?

Mrs: No, it's not really to loud. It's just that now I can hear the exhaust. I couldn't hear it before.

Me: Does it bother you?

Mrs: No, i just turned up the radio...

So, needless to say the new exhaust is staying! LOL!

:RpS_lol: Great-you done good!

I am being silent because I'm pouting.....:humble::RpS_cursing::RpS_cursing::fear::fear:

I told you so!

Now if you want to step up one "RUMBLE" notch... get the NESHO mid-x pipe (3rd cat and mid-muffler delete) like I have. Based on logging... Torrie says it helps the top end boost. But that may only happen with a higher boost 3 Bar tune...

Or you could have your installer make a custom x-pipe mod.

Done with the exhaust... Got it sounding just right! ;)