Ecoboost Owner Forums

Cleaning the intake valves

• 2 weeks later...
I had the B&G Fuel system cleaning done on our Sable and it really did clean it up. However' date=' I have not yet done anything with the SHO.[/quote']

I used 3m fuel system treatment' date=' as seen here.http://www.ecoboostownerforums.com/showthread.php?121-Fuel-system-cleaning&highlight=fuel+system[/quote']

I am looking for a way to clean the intake valves from carbon build-up. I asked ford if they had a service for that and they tried to sell me a fuel injection cleaning which wouldn't do anything. So' date=' Can we use sea-foam or something similar?[/quote']

Great article! It make me beleave a test I saw on the POWER BLOCK on the SPEED CH. They took a 100k mi eng hard-up with carbon put Z-MAX treatment in ran a 1kmi open it up and 1/2 the carbon on the valves was removed. they repeated the treatment two more times and by the end the valves were 98% clean and Z-MAX say that it soaks in to keep the carbon from building up again. THIS MAY HELP Z-MAX, SEEMS TO WORK?

I highly doubt. Even though the article was a interesting read. I've seen the real world pics of the deposits that accumulate on the ecoboost and they are substantial. So no thing you put in your gas tank will clean the valves. It will only clean injector and combustion chamber. So as I see you have 3 options B&G treatment at your dealer, 3m fuel system clean at home in your garage, or sea foam.

I highly doubt. Even though the article was a interesting read. I've seen the real world pics of the deposits that accumulate on the ecoboost and they are substantial. So no thing you put in your gas tank will clean the valves. It will only clean injector and combustion chamber. So as I see you have 3 options B&G treatment at your dealer' date=' 3m fuel system clean at home in your garage, or sea foam.[/quote']

or... join the rest of us methanol junkies! LOL

""in particular a group of veteran Audiworld.com members who later migrated to QuattroWorld.com""

Sweet, I am famous. i was part of that mass exodus from audiworld to quattroworld called out in the artice..

For those who dont know. quatroworld now (audiworld used to) used a forum technology known as KAWF. Bsically, every post was in a historical time line. you managed the thread you were part of by suscribing. the forums moved real fast, almost like a real time chat would. We all loved it.

Well audiworld was bought by a company called internet brands. They own all kinds of web sites with dedicated forums. One of the 1st things they did was say they were going to change the format to vBuilleton. We all begged and pleaded, and they would not budge.

They announced the change over date. We all took donations and set up quattroworld.com and took it live the same day audiworld switched formats.

Audiworld went from 100,xxx active users a day to under 1,xxx in 1 24 hour period.

DONT PISS OFF YOUR USER BASE.

There are web pages regarding this change, but websensed here at work so i cant post links.

Very interesting reading. Makes me question something I noticed a few weeks ago. I did a short WOT burst on an on ramp and happened to look in the rear view to notice a yellowish cloud in my wake. Is that an indication of a buildup problem? Did I help things by blowing it out? I've got about 38K miles on the ODO. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't tried the SeaFoam spray, but I'm curious how easy it is to inject for a decarb. It seems like the spray would make it difficult to inject it while the engine is running without causing a large vacuum leak somewhere. Please let us know if you find a good way to do it.

-Rod