Ecoboost Owner Forums

Fastlane Custom - Ecoboost Cold Air Pipeline System

I've looked at that piece since it came out...I called and talked to them about it. I was hoping the transition to the turbos was a little smoother than the Hennesey but it sounds like its about the same. I also wish it was injection molded plastic, carbon fiber or fiberglass. That said, if I didn't already have the Hennesey I'd probably pick that one up

Yea, it looks like a pretty nice setup.. I have contacted them to see if they would be interested in hosting a group buy for this.. It would save the people who wanted to upgrade a couple of bucks.. I just cant bring myself to cough up 2K+ for the Hennessey Kit!!!! We will see if there is a gauging interest for this.. I am questioning the additional 20RWHP that they boast for these pipes tho!!!!

The 20hp increase is actually pretty believable in certain instances. You're making the turbos a lot more efficient by doing this. What I don't understand is the +1 psi they claim. The boost is controlled by the computer, so it should compensate for the increase. Also, the whole "cold air" thing when it's a single piece of metal with no type of sealing keeping the engine heat out of the filter area. It might be good when you are moving and have airflow through the front inlet and then around the headlight, but at a standstill, you will have a fair amount of heat getting in. I'll stick with continuing my setup. It still won't get rid of the little 2" S-shaped piece at the rear turbo though. At less than 1/2 the cost, it's fine.

Guest 4DRHTRD

I would think that using the stock airbox modified for a system like this with a cone filter inside would be the best case scenario. It seems the stock airbox does a good job of insulating the air coming in and offer a bit of a ram air effect.

I would think that using the stock airbox modified for a system like this with a cone filter inside would be the best case scenario. It seems the stock airbox does a good job of insulating the air coming in and offer a bit of a ram air effect.

If AIRAID would develop some cold pipes to go with their CAI, I'd buy it.. HMMM now I am wondering.. Gonna send David an email now!!!!

I'd be very interested in that as well since I have started to develop a crack in one of my pipes.

Just found out that David no longer is employed with AIRAID, So I left a guy named Blane a message.. ALSO, while I was snooping aroung I happened to find THIS.. I know it is for the F-150, but I have contacted the company to see if they have any interest in developing a CAI like this for the SHO.. They have already broken into the Ecoboost arena, now they just need to "expand their horizions".. Hopefully they will have some good news!!!! Take a look... Looks alot better than the Fastlane CAI.. Darelli, this one has injection molded plastic!!!! I will keep you all posted!!!

We did back to back testing with the Hennessey and Airaid and they made the same power. There were no changes in boost and gains of 7-8 hp.

Rick

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!!!! Case Closed in my book!!! Will keep my AIRAID setup... Just order MyCal today, next mod will save some cash and buy the Catless Downpipes!!

We did back to back testing with the Hennessey and Airaid and they made the same power. There were no changes in boost and gains of 7-8 hp.

Rick

And was that with the hood open or closed? I've found that an open element system may show gains with the hood open, but then close the hood and the gains sometimes disappear...

• 8 months later...
We are working on coming up with a new cold air intake over at ecoboost performance forum' date=' just fyi. Sent from my phone with lots of misspelled words... [/quote']

The new intake that is being worked on, is pretty sweet, at this point I would wait on it to be developed before purchasing any of these.

Archived