Ecoboost Owner Forums

New Ford Focus ST

I'm sure a lot of you would enjoy reading this article in the USA Today today. :RpS_tongue:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/driveon/2012/10/17/ford-focus-st-price/1640025/?csp=cars

The best info in the story is "The Focus ST checked off all the boxes with larger brakes, available Recaro seats and a redesigned intake system using a new active sound symposer that pipes the engine noise into the cabin."

I love my SHO seats, but gettin' to hear the turbos spool up would be like adding a new satellite channel at no expen$e. Maybe we can petition Ford to include the SHO into the SVT group, eh?

I am 40 years old and passed my "boy racer phase". If I wanted engine noise, I would buy a Mustang Laguna Seca.

The sho meets all my requirements for a car.

big enough for family = check

4 door = check

300+ hp = check

safe = check

FUN to drive when family is not in the car = CHECK MATE

Maybe we can petition Ford to include the SHO into the SVT group' date=' eh?[/quote']

As much as i like the SHO it would have been better if SVT had designed it. I doubt the braking issues that the '10-'12 had would have even happened. And with as comfortable as the seats are in the car now, i would give up cooled/massaging/power seats for better lateral support. Recaros would be nice along a traction setting that made the awd rear biased, but we can dream.

Since the Sho basically has the same brakes as a standard taurus, which have to much travel and no real feel. That coupled with the face they were a little undersized for a sports sedan that weighed nort of 4K lbs a lot of car reviews of the car complained that the SHO's brakes were easily overwhelmed during track duty, and lot of test ended with the brakes completely cooked. Thankfully since Ford was building their new interceptor from the Taurus the '13 benefited from alot of the the upgrades made to the police cruiser in the PP option. Power and drivetrain additional cool and beefed up braking componets which include bigger calipers, rotors and upgraded master cyclinder and brake booster.

Ok... I just turned 49... was using a Mini as my Daily Driver... my 6 year old has been complaining about riding in the back of the Mini... so today I SWAPPED MY RIDE! I now have a 2nd ECOBOOST in the drive way!!! All I can say is, this thing is a HOOT!!! I don't care if the engine noise is piped in, artificial, what ever... Don't really hear any turbo noise, just a very cool growl! So on the way home from the dealership, new, clean, drive pavement... in Sport Mode... roll through the intersection... Get on the throttle pretty hard and the friggin' tires are squealing like crazy! Out of a 4 cylinder Focus! LOL!! The ST is getting a lot of GLOWING REVIEWS, and I have to agree with them! I'll post a few snapshot later...

Nice congrats John! Hope you won t be frustrated too much with those tires spinning... At least you have the Flex for the winter to still enjoy the power... How long before tuning it? Lol

Leaving the ST alone!!! Wife says I can't.... But I really have no desire to mod it!! I really just LOVE IT the way it is!!!

Thread moved to the proper section, as EBOF now has an exclusive, dedicated section, entirely for the new EcoBoost Focus ST.

Enjoy and pretty cool hearing about this new platform offering from FMC :thumb:

Sorry Mike I should have done this, still getting the hang of the mod tools. Just to keep on subject...Scrming new ST looks pretty AWESOME!

Archived