Ecoboost Owner Forums

Does anyone have info on these?

Interesting timing, I was just looking at those last night and sent in a couple of question on them. I got a response that my questions would be reviewed before being posted. I asked if the kit comes with all LEDs, including the turn/reverse LEDs and a second question of if the lens needs to be separated from the housing to install.

FWIW, CarID sells replacement non-chrome taillight assemblies for $80 each.

-Rod

Was checking them out....they look pretty nice, except it looks like it would be quite a project installing them and I also read that they do not come with the resistors, so they would have to be purchased and installed. I think they would look great, but a big project. Also do like the LED's in the reflectors in the rear bumper.

• 2 weeks later...

I received the LEDs tonight and I must say, I'm quite impressed by the apparent quality. There are a lot of pieces and they arrived rather quickly and very well packed. They came all the way from South Korea so they apparently expedite shipping. I'll try to get some photos of the kit pieces this weekend. It looks like quite a bit of wiring to run though.

-Rod

I took a couple of photos this evening, both as I received them and with them out of the packages. I also powered each of the boards up and they all work. The white pieces in the background appear to be diffusers to spread out the light and keep them from looking like a bunch of discrete LEDs.

As received:

PC153714_zps67d5f74c.jpg

Unpacked:

PC153715_zpsc822a21c.jpg

-Rod

Ooooooh la la......

Fancy Schmansy.....

Can't wait to see the final results.

Please consider performing a "How-To" and take pics along the way, of each part of the process, from beginning to end.

I'm sure there'd be many whom would appreciate it here, including myself.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't done much with them yet. I took a putty knife to the side of my taillight housings just enough to see if they were going to pop apart easily, but no such luck. Then I moved on to a different project for my dad's truck. The streets are dry enough around here that I may still want to drive the SHO from time to time so I'm a bit hesitant to decommission it right now.

I also noticed that the OEM tail housings are not as expensive as I expected. I may just order one to experiment with....

-Rod

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I just figured that I would check in monthly to see about any progress that might have occurred. Its such a cool project and I am sure there are a lot of people who would be willing to do this mod that I cant help but inquire. My next project... Attempting to find someone willing to produce the Police Interceptor grill for the 2010 style SHOs. Wish me luck haha

K