Ecoboost Owner Forums

WELCOME Fusion Eco Owners!

Seems odd to be popping the proverbial cherry of a newly created section here on EBOF, but.....

Welcome aboard any and all Fusion EcoBoost owners! :welcome:

Really look'n forward to hearing all about the experiences you each have with this platform.

I know when I attended this year's 21st Nat'l SHO Convention in Minnesota, that the Ford Exec's who were in attendance, could hardly contain their enthusiasm for the Fusion Eco.......

They were beaming from ear to ear, and although they never "Officially" said anything at that time (about it's production and/or launch) one could definitely read between the lines when questions were posed from various Convention attendees about it's anticipated reveal.

So to that end, look'n forward to your stories, and who knows, if I can get done pay'n off the SHO soon enough, maybe there'll be one in my stable.

My eldest daughter wasn't so suttle in mentioning that she had nothing but Fusion's (base models) in Driver's Ed, and she'd REALLY like to have one as her 1st car.

It may be in the offering :noidea:

Mike :yo:

I concur with Mike. I would love to hear from any Fusion owners on their experiences with their EB platforms!! These are Gorgeous cars!

My teenage daughter and I have decided that our next car will be a Platinum White Fusion 2.0EB AWD (manual would be nice but not available on the AWD). We were in Europe over the summer and saw a lot of Mondeos and wondered when are they going to sell those in the US...and wouldn't you know...they are here!

I also wonder if there are any plans by Livernois and/or Unleashed to start work on tuning and modding them. I know there is a lot of work being done to the Focus ST but will it be transferable to the Fusions due to different ECU encryption and different mechanicals???

Mel

I agree, I use to have a V6 Fusion before and the performance aren't comparable at all. It was tuned, but even there, we couldn't have consider it as a Sport version. The Mazdaspeed6, the Altima SE-R are sport version of their sedan, but not the Fusion Sport. However, the new one with the Ecoboost 2.0 with a Livernois tune in it could probably be an interesting alternative to it imo.

• 1 month later...
I agree' date=' I use to have a V6 Fusion before and the performance aren't comparable at all. It was tuned, but even there, we couldn't have consider it as a Sport version. The Mazdaspeed6, the Altima SE-R are sport version of their sedan, but not the Fusion Sport. However, the new one with the Ecoboost 2.0 with a Livernois tune in it could probably be an interesting alternative to it imo.[/quote']

I test drove the 2.5 base model, it was all they had on the lot, in the end I got a used SHO. Never got around to testing the 2.0 EB. On paper it seems kind of slow... I hope there will be significant gains with a tune. I do believe the 2012 Fusion Sport had a better 0-60?

• 1 month later...

FWIW, I didn't buy my Fusion for speed (I woulda went 2.0). The small 1.6 EB feels more like a larger 4cyl, rather than a turbo motor. It actually has decent torque at reasonable revs. I know this is vague, but I'm not hammering it, she still has less than 300 miles on her.

I will say though, it is VERY fun to drive, and handles flat. Much less body roll than I expected. European roots are showing through. Reminds me of some VW products I've driven (Jetta, CC) but I'd say it may even be better damped. I didn't expect this much comfort from a car with 235/45-18 tires on 8" wide wheels.