Ecoboost Owner Forums

Mobsteel Grille

I just called Mobsteel to order a black grille for da Bull, but there is a waiting list. They are in between mold vendors at this time. If you are considering installing one this spring, you might want to call them to get on their list now. Make sure you mention to them if you have ACC, so you get the modified lower grille with the appropriate panel.

I just emailed mobsteel today' date=' tried to call a couple times and didn't get an answer. I really want to see the different lettering options on the grille. I think it says SHO may be available, so I am interested in seeing that.[/quote']

Be patient with mobsteel, Adam is a great guy but has a lot of irons in the fire. Some times its hard to get a hold of them and don't always respond to emails. Just understand these grills are custom pieces, meaning these are made to order and not mass produced. As to the SHO emblem last year Adam spoke of a laser cut billet aluminum SHO badge, this would be awesome if these would be available. But I couldn't wait and just order the oem badge and cut the ecoboost part off.

CIMG0076.jpg

Be patient with mobsteel, Adam is a great guy but has a lot of irons in the fire. Some times its hard to get a hold of them and don't always respond to emails. Just understand these grills are custom pieces, meaning these are made to order and not mass produced. As to the SHO emblem last year Adam spoke of a laser cut billet aluminum SHO badge, this would be awesome if these would be available. But I couldn't wait and just order the oem badge and cut the ecoboost part off.

CIMG0076.jpg

That is right on time! Thats a good idea, particularly if the custom sho/twin turbo badges come to fruition, then I can use my old one for this! That is exactly what i was wanting to see.

BTW, those custom gauge pods look incredible. If only you had more and I had money!

That is right on time! Thats a good idea, particularly if the custom sho/twin turbo badges come to fruition, then I can use my old one for this! That is exactly what i was wanting to see.

BTW, those custom gauge pods look incredible. If only you had more and I had money!

Thank you. More gauge pods are coming, just been being lazy. I need to get back on the ball that way I can have ready by the spring when everyone has the itch to mod there cars.

I have a friend who works for t-Rex grills that's going to get me one on the low. They come in stainless and black. Right now I'm looking at about $500 for the upper and lower. If all goes well maybe we can do a group buy. I will post up pics of it installed once I get it on.

It's cool that there's another company out there (like T-Rex, or whoever it is that produces it) that's making product for the 2010+ SHO's.

However me personally, not a big fan of their grille set up.

Mainly because I didn't like the fact that the mesh material is flush with the frame of the grille's themselves.

In other words, with the Mobsteel one's, the mesh material is recessed within both the upper and lower frames respectively, giving a partial appearance of being OEM, but obviously not entirely.

Just my opinion obviously. Also, the Mobsteel grille offering is selling for $700.00 according to their website (check link below):

http://www.mobsteel.com/store/details.php?prodId=70&category=7

Additionally, I would hardly think that at $500 (price you say your friend is charging you "on the low") that that's truly a deal.

I just did a quick check around the net, and most aftermarket companies are selling the chrome upper and lower sets from T-Rex for $600.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the product offering from T-Rex, below is a pic you may use for comparitive purposes:

T-RexGrilles.jpg

I believe im trading in the SHO this week, so I will be selling a Mobsteel grill with white surround and black mesh. Once I get it off the car I will post up a thread with photos. Metro Detroiters will be able to save some money by picking up in person. I will also be selling 18" winter wheels and Blizzaks with 80-90% tread, weathertech mats, k&n filter, and some interior leds.

Archived