Ecoboost Owner Forums

looking at a 2010 Flex Eco

Hey Todd!

You may want to look at the Eco MKT like I did. The look is not for everyone, but I am starting to like it more. The price is similar to the Flex because there is no buyers for the MKT. When it is new, the Flex is a better deal, but used, for the same price, the interior finish of the MKT is no comparison honestly... I had a 2009 Flex Limited a 2010 SHO and a 2013 SHO and I can assure you that the inside of the MKT is much better. The quality of the finish, of the plastic, of the leather, of the sound system etc. and for about the same price!

Really worth to have a look at it before pulling the trigger on the Flex. That said, I like the Flex, but beside the look and the engine, the Lincoln offers more...

Look in the calssified to see the prices and give me your comments.

Good luck!

BTW, we all know that you are getting one so that you can put a LMS tune in it! Lol

I did the same... I was even considering a F150! Anything with an Ecoboost...

I know what you are saying makes a lot of sense. My wife wants something a little less flashy though, even if they are the same price. Around here, the MKTs are fairly rare, the Flex is plentiful. That has caused a small diffferential in price, but as stated, even if they were equal, she is leaning heaviliy towards a Flex (or Traverse/Acadia/Enclave). Basically 3 rows and AWD......

A Flex eco is even more of a sleeper than your MKS eco, Todd. That sounds like a great choice. Can't speak to body/interior but, as you know, mechanically and platform-wise, you will have an MKS/SHO underneath the sheet metal. I would want to make sure the brakes didn't make any grinding noise or, better yet, that it had the TSB performed. I would also want to make sure the transmission operated perfectly. There were some TSBs for various transmission reflashes and at least one for an internal sensor - depending upon the build date.

You will no doubt get a tune.....:RpS_biggrin:

The Flex appears like it would be better suited for adults in the 3rd row than the MKT. The MKT slopes off in the rear and adult headroom is uncomfortable. I have not been in the 3rd row of a Flex but the flatter roof makes me suspect it would at least be tolerable in the 3rd row.

-Rod

The Flex appears like it would be better suited for adults in the 3rd row than the MKT. The MKT slopes off in the rear and adult headroom is uncomfortable. I have not been in the 3rd row of a Flex but the flatter roof makes me suspect it would at least be tolerable in the 3rd row.

-Rod

Uncomfortable?? It's not existent. My wife is only 5'6" and even she can't fit into the third row of our MKT. But I didn't buy it for the third row. It's just the two us, and we wanted the ultimate "tourer".

MKT 3rd row is strictly a children's area!

Great info guys. I have been in the 3rd row of the Flex and it is do able for 5 ' 11" 210 pound me for trips up to 2 hours. We will be using the third row for high school football, so this would be a really important difference to me. I will definitely check the brakes, TSB's, and other problems I'm already aware of with the SHO/MKS ecos.

Any tips? I am considering adding a 2010 Steel Blue Flex Eco Limited to my stable to join my Steel Blue MKS Eco. Any interior/body/Flex specific issues to be concerned with?

Todd

So I take it you're sold on the steel blue color? I know I fell in love with it when I say my first SHO in that color...I would have purchased that one, but the dealer wouldn't budge on the price and I got a much more attractive deal on my red car, so I ended with the red...although the steel blue is really my favorite color...I think the color really is sharp!

• 2 weeks later...

Test drove a 2012 LTZ Traverse AWD today. Not impressed for a vehicle that cost close to 43000 new. A dealer about 60 miles away from me is bringing a 2010 Flex Limited Eco with Nav for me to test drive tomorrow. Has 30,000 miles on it. Silver with 20s, rear power fold buckets, etc. $24800 certified before negotiating. Originally listed for $44,995. I still want a MKT, but my wife still feels its too flashy and nice for transporting muddy boys from football practice. I can get a MKT with a few more miles for the same price, but she is adamant......

Actually saw one of the new Durango Citadel's this afternoon. Just got a quick look at it, but my first impression was that it was looked sharp. Of course, it was black and all shined, so it looked really good. But also looked really big. Only reason I really noticed it was because of the Citadel name on the door and our discussion here.

Well, ended up with a 2010 loaded Buick Enclave CXL. 7 passenger. Not particularly exciting, but very comfortable and functional. much quieter, refined, and luxurious than the traverse LTZ I drove.Usual options plus dual sunroof, rear DVD player, 19 inch chrome rims, rear buckets, BOSE, remote start, diamond white paint ($795 option when new). Listed for $45045 new, got it for $25400 with the remainder of the factory bumper to bumper and powertrain warranty and an additional 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. The only advantage it has over the Flex is that you can have second row bucket seats and it is still is 7 passenger vehicle. The interior is also a notch up from the Flex limited. The disadvantage? No ecoboost! It has GMs widely used 3.6 direct injection (Cadillac XTS, CTS, new Impala, last generation DTS, etc etc). It gets out of its own way well enough and never feels unsafe, but 7.5 seconds to 60 feel slow to me after owning the MKS. :)

Congratulations on your purchase, even if it's not a FoMoCo.

We were looking at Enclaves when my wife finally decided on the MKT EB. I liked the dual captain's in the second row of the Enclave since I knew my daughter would need to ride in the third row. Interesting thing was the Enclave we were looking at was the pearl white. My wife ended up deciding on the MKT. The next week, two of my co-workers bought Enclaves, neither of which were the one we were looking at, and they both ended up with the pearl white. It seems like 80-90% of the Enclaves I see are the pearl white. Around here I see a lot of Enclaves, but have only ever seen 4 other MKTs.

And of course I ended up buying a captain's chair for the second row of my wife's MKT after about a month and taking out the 60% bench....

-Rod