Ecoboost Owner Forums

Secret Weapon R Cold Air Kit

IAT is probably going to be pre-turbo... If the PID is IAT it's going to be the IAT sensor located right by the air filter. Actually I'm not surprised you are seeing 130+.. that IAT sensor seems to heat up pretty good... I think the AirAid may actually be worse than stock, but don't have hard numbers to prove it. I have found however that that IAT sensor by the air filter, does have quite a bit of influence on how the car performs... In fact I now ice the intake tube and air box down when I go to the track...

The PID for after the turbo and intercooler is going to be something like IAT2 or Charge Temp....

Very interesting info. I will check to see if Torque gives me the opportunity to also monitor a second more downstream IAT. That would be so cool to display the two values side by side. Somehow I always pictured the intercooler upstream from the turbo to maximize the turbo efficiency. Of course the compression adds heat so putting the intercooler post turbo would have the benefit of removing some of that heat as well as the heat soak. Thanks for the turbo 101 class guys!