Ecoboost Owner Forums

Disappointed

What stage tune are you running? What kind of climate where you live? I am in Virginia and after my tune even with warm weather I tend to have some traction issues. It seems to have gotten better since the weather is over 75 degrees on a regular basis though.

A lot has to do with tires. I am at my third set of Hankook Ventus 20'' and I have ZERO traction issues, never. I have the H&R springs too that help. Anyone with that combo with PP or non-PP, 2010 to 2013, having until 500hp WILL NOT experience any traction issues. Even the 1-2 gear chirp that people are experiencing, I don't have it... So, anyone complaining about traction issues, get rid of those all-seasons or ridiculous F1 and your problem will be solved.

Thank me later, enjoy!

just surprised that so many of you are having traction issues

That surprises me too. Makes me wonder if some cars are not engaging the rear differential as quickly as others. I get good squeal off the line and a nice chirp on the 1-2 shift. I also get a chirp if I floor it at a slow roll. However, I certainly do not have traction issues with the Goodyear all season tires. The amount of wheelspin seems ideal to prevent bogging but not too much to prevent strong forward motion.

I have a '13 with PP so there isn't various stages of tuning. I live in MI and the F1's have been alright for me thus far. I'm not complaining about not losing traction and my car runs fantastic' date=' just surprised that so many of you are having traction issues[/quote']

I've always had traction problems since going to the Stage 4+ tune. That and I've never been impressed with the Michelin tires...but I think the front tires always seem to have most of the power transferred to them. I am sure we have discussed changing the power transfer so that more of the power is delivered to the rear, but I think it is a very costly proposition and difficult for a street car. I have found the same thing that TSS stated earlier, can fry the tires from a dead stop, worst if there are any painted walkways on the road, then the tires just spin like crazy and from 10-15 mph the tires will still break loose when going to WOT.

I need to find all season tires that are good for the 20's. I do not want, nor have ability, to swap wheels for summer/winter. It's one of reasons I bought an AWD in PA. I live in apartment so transporting/changing 20's is a PITA. If I had a house/garage, no problem.

Craigslist beater rims and blizzak snow tires are money in the bank for winter months' date=' ran them with a 4+ tune intake and exhaust this past winter through Noreaster snowstorms and a blizzard performed flawlessly.[/quote']

That doesn't help me.

I don't have any method to changing tires let alone storing them. I live in an apartment and I am not hauling 20's around nor storing them in my apartment during summer.

I have PP so I cannot put anything less than 20's on my car because of my bigger brakes.

I have PP so I cannot put anything less than 20's on my car because of my bigger brakes.

The non PP has an 18 inch spare, and I think just the pads are different between the non PP and PP cars.

Mm; I have no spare--I have something called a Tire Mobility Kit LMAO.

I believe the PP has larger brakes from a non-PP. Otherwise, the 20's would not be required on the PP package.

I'd have to dig up, but I'm pretty sure nothing under 20 inches will fit the PP cars.

Though I could be wrong!

Sport mode actually shifts nicely on my car.. seems the car knows exactly when to shift (majority of the time) and is faster than me responding to RPM or engine sound. I thinking the tune when I finally pull the trigger will fix most of the mild sport/granny shifting issues I experience occasionally..... LOL