Ecoboost Owner Forums

93 performance tune

I have a question for everyone. We are going to be going on vacation soon and we are taking my wifes flex EB. It currently has 93 performance tune loaded on it. There will be two adults two kids and luggage in the back. Do you think that the weight will be an issue running the performance tune? Most of the trip will be highway. Thanks for any help.

Generally speaking, the tune also improves MPG across the board as well. Considering you're heading out on a family trip, & won't be driving it like you stole it, the increased performance of the tune, coupled with what likely will be accrued miles utilizing the cruise control.... I think you'll be remiss to return it to the stock tune file. Leave it alone and enjoy the ride, the MPG, the added power (for passing when needed) and most importantly.... enjoy the trip! :thumb: Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Never hurts to ask, especially if you're uncertain about something. I do agree with the other responses, I think you will miss the "feel" of driving if you go back to stock. Only concern would be if you are headed to an area where 93 octane may not be available. If it is available, then no concerns and I would leave it in. Enjoy the trip and stay safe, drive carefully.

I just completed a cross country 6,000 mile trip. Not loaded as heavy as you but 200 lbs of luggage and my wife and I. I run the Stage 4+ 94 octane tune and had to do half of those miles with 91 octane and even had to put in $50 of 87 in once. Never pushed the car but had no issues and no engine knock even climbing hills. Very safe (Livernois) tunes. Now do that and don't adjust your driving you may have issues but I complained about the fuel more than my car did.

I had to run a mix of 50/50 93 octane and 91 octane on a recent trip as well. I just took it easy, babied the car a little, no WOT of course, and all was fine. Since it only takes 5 minutes to reprogram back to stock, you can do that too while the family is using the restrooms.

Just FYI, thanks to DJE624, I just ordered a couple of "93 Octane Only" decals. They are designed to be put on the inside of the fuel door, which is what I am going to do with one and I am also thinking of placing on somewhere in the engine compartment, possibly on the engine cover under the SHO Ecoboost lettering, just so there is no misunderstanding that it requires premium fuel...I will post photo's.