Ecoboost Owner Forums

Airaid oiled/dry

Yes, the non-oiled does not flow as much air as the oiled. According to Airaid's catalog the oiled filter will flow a maximum of 1300 CFM, but doesn't say about the non-oiled. I am sure if you contact David at Airaid, he will be more then willing to give you the specs on both filters for the SHO.

Just as a point of interest I did put an Airaid prefilter on my air filter and it has kept the filter amazingly clean. I highly recommend getting one. Especially now since they have a prefilter specifically for the Taurus kit. It wasn't available, so I used a universal one.

Just as a point of interest I did put an Airaid prefilter on my air filter and it has kept the filter amazingly clean. I highly recommend getting one. Especially now since they have a prefilter specifically for the Taurus kit. It wasn't available' date=' so I used a universal one.[/quote']

Did you order directly from AIRAID or did you get it from a third party supplier? Have you cleaned the oiled filer? Or do you buy a new one when needed?

I actually bought a used intake from a guy that only had it on for 2000 miles, then sold his SHO. I bought the pre-filter from Summit Racing. I have not cleaned the filter since it only has a total of about 7000 miles on it. Plus with the pre-filter it still looks brand new, hardly any dirt at all. Only problem with the oiled filters, from my past experience is that you really need a spare because once you soak it in cleaner and rinse it, it takes at least 24 hours to dry.

Thanks Mark, I got a reply fron dave at airaid about the differences between oiled vs dry. Dave stated that the oiled lets in 5% more air than the dry. Based on some of the post on other forums (thou shall not mention thy name) it doesn't seem by installing the Airaid system that you gain any performance except sound. But if I can get 5% more air, any little bit helps. Are you concerned with the possibility of oil getting into the intake? That may be the only reason I would go with the dry filter.

No I have never had a problem with any oil from the filter getting on anything, other then the first filter I had on my truck...that only happened because I really over oiled it when I cleaned it the first time. Although if I were purchasing new I would probably go with a dry filter myself.

Archived